Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Don't shoot the messenger........

Oh, I shoulda thought of that...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I hope you know we still love you Ernie. Even if you are a cough cough cheby man cough. :D

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I am talking about 1500's. 2wd regular cabs, 5.3 auto. Real world mileage is around 16 highway 13 city. This is taken from mileage logs that our fleet gas cards give us, based over long time periods. These aren't the workers trucks that are laden with heavy tools. These are the office trucks that are laden with us fat desk jockeys. :p

The installer trucks are 2500's and Fords. the 2500's are 6.0 auto and get around 12, no matter what.

The fords are all 2000's and 2001's. Not a good comparison, but they are F350's 5.4 5 speed. Around 12 also.

Somebody needs to tell 'em to take their feet out of 'em while driving. smilietease Question though- new bodystyle or old bodystyle? Big difference- new style went with the variable displacement 5.3's, and they're good for 2-3 mpg improvement over the old ones. that's still crappy mileage for a 2WD 5.3. I see better mileage than that in fleet use with 4X4's.

Chevy's 2500's use the 6.0's, which are stronger than jack-the-bear, but notorious gas hogs. They might see 13 on a good day.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts