Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Does your truck slide left or right? Burnout

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Hey hey hey

When my tires break loose, wether on concrete or in dirt or in mud, my truck ALWAYS slides to the left.

Which direction does your truck slide to, and is it consistantly that direction? Like always left or always right?

Anybody have an answer for this?

No big deal, I'm just wondering why my truck slides to the left EVERY time.

-Bill

Last edited:

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Mr. Pig, you're a show off. Ha! I do love your truck.

I don't know. My truck always goes to the left. I did have a video myself but I deleted it.

Anybody else?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Red and Thunder always swing the rear end out to the right. The only time I can get the Bronco to chirp is flogging it around a corner.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Hey Ben, does Red and Thunder have locking diffs?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Staright for me too... if it does go one way or the other it seems to be to the right. (LS rearend)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Ben, does Red and Thunder have locking diffs?

Only thing I have is LS in Red...and that's because that's the Ford factory LS that came in it. I've never owned anything that was locked.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
mine goes to the left.

oh... you are talking about trucks... :(

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
His sig says 4.11's with a locker...so I assume that it has a locker.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
His sig says 4.11's with a locker...so I assume that it has a locker.
Whoops I should pay more attention... I wonder if he means an actual locker (as in an e-locker or air locker) or if it's LS. Because if it's stock LS and hasn't been rebuilt, chances are it's not working 100% anymore. He might be turning 1 tire at 100% and the other at 50%.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Hey guys, appreciate the time and attention and videos.

Nah, the truck has a real locker. Both tires turn and burn. Maybe only trucks with lockers slide. I know my dad's Elky does too (same locker and gears as me).

Here's a short one of dad's. I deleted my burnout.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well then the only thing I can think of is that the front brakes are a little weaker on 1 side (assuming you're doing a brakestand).

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My Ranger only breaks loose in turns, unless it's snowing like heck.

Then the tail almost always heads for the ditch (right) but I always assumed it was the crown of the road.

Kevsha

hackin' 'n' whackin'
it all depends.... most roads naturaly have an arch to them, so in your lane on the road it will almost always begin to slide to the right. my truck will slide to the right when doing it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts