Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dodge sucks!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dodge sucks....and it sucks to be you..:rofl: :rofl:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I hate anything to do with vehicular hvac. Never fun.

Probably have to pull the engine just to get at the blower on that :D

Not quite, but it really helps to be double jointed, AND a midget!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Not quite, but it really helps to be double jointed, AND a midget!

Ever replaced the heater core in a Grand Marquis? I swear the entire car is built around the thing.

*33 outside with a howling East wind. glad I had it done this summer.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
8 Hours to replace the blower motor. :guns: Had to cut the carpet, and peel back the insulation in order to get to one of the screws. It will probably be tomorrow before I can straighten back up!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I agree - I had to replace the heater core in my 97 a few years ago - discharge the air cond, disassemble the dash, lay the steering column on the seat, etc, etc.

I only put up with the thing because of the turbo Cummins

Recently realized the bed is coming loose - seems to be welded to the frame. No bed bolts??

When this truck finally falls apart, the Cummins will go in my 48 F6 : )

Fellro

Staff member
Last one I did, I had to use a u-joint adapter, a swivel extension, and a lot of skin worn off on the carpet. I didn't cut anything out, but the back one was a real challenge. I swear they don't consider if the part should ever need replaced when designing how they go together.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
At least in the pickup I had room to maneuver - it was frustrating, not painful. My back hurts just thinking about the Caravan ....

I've had some very unkind thoughts about engineers at Chrysler

Fellro

Staff member
It wouldn't be so bad if the wheel house didn't come up right below it. I did mine on a 94, if this is on a 96 or newer, they didn't bother to update it for better fit. Sad thing was, even after the screws were all out, it didn't come out of the hole very well either.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have to do the blower motor on my Mountaineer, it has been going out. I hit it with a wrench when it quits, then it works for a while. This one comes out easy, though. ;)

I know the blower motor didn't come out too Dalit when I had my Ram. I couldn't imagine a Caravan.

When I replaced the heater core in said Ram, the dash did come out pretty easy. That's where it stopped, actually changing the core was a pain in the rear end. Worse part was seperating the 11 year old a/c lines because the whole black HVAC box has to come out.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I helped my dad put a radiator in his 01 town and country, holy shit, we had to litrally pull the whole damn front end off.

By some christ like miracle though the rest of the van has stayed glued togther after 240k hard miles hauling heavy $$$ music/carpet cleaning equipment down rutted dirt roads.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Yea its true...Dodge sucks..but who do we have to thank for that?
None other than the man himself...Henry Ford.
Henry first employed the Dodge Brothers,Before they went on their own and formed the Dodge corporation,back in the day.....

Fellro

Staff member
Friend of mine actually had a 30's Dodge Brothers coupe...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts