Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Doc.....exhaust questions on 2002 5.4

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
So, I've been thinking of either running a flowmaster 40 in place of the stock muffler, or doing true duals similar to doc's cept exiting under the bedside in front of the tire. Could you help me out doc when you have time with a picture of the pipe routing over the frame on each side? I'd greatly appreciate it!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a body lift on my truck. I don't remember if you did or not. That was the only way I got mine over the frame. I will see if I have some from the install, otherwise I will take some when I get home and there is daylight out. (LOL may be this weekend before that happens)

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Haha, well mine does have the lift, as some people make the disregard "it's harder to work on the engine" yes and no, in some areas, it's more room to get to spark plugs etc, yes, the body is higher, but better clearances. But when ya get a chance, i'd love to see pictures, methinks it's too quiet and needs to be a little bit.....lotta bit louder, and i love flowmaster 40's

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Cool I thought you had said you put on the lift. but I didn't remember. I will shoot some pics this weekend. I am taking the truck to dyno tomorrow since I have the trailer available to me.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here are the only shots I have of it right now. I will see if I can get some better ones this weekend for you.

CIMG0173.jpg

CIMG0175.jpg

CIMG0174.jpg

CIMG0176.jpg

CIMG0177.jpg

Haha, well mine does have the lift, as some people make the disregard "it's harder to work on the engine" yes and no, in some areas, it's more room to get to spark plugs etc, yes, the body is higher, but better clearances. But when ya get a chance, i'd love to see pictures, methinks it's too quiet and needs to be a little bit.....lotta bit louder, and i love flowmaster 40's

:post pics:

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Thanks for the pics so far Doc, and yea it was manually put on by Lane, his roomate and my friend Robert, and I, and lets just say Lane decided against a body lift on his truck without jacks, and a good area to work in, lol.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well, got the flowsound muffler similar to docs on, basically a flowmaster 40 original. Truck straightpiped was quieter than my 99 4.6 with dual flowmaster 40's, and with the muffler on, it's barely louder than stock. Kinda sad a 5.4 isn't all that loud. Oh well i guess, least i didn't do duals or waste a lot of money on it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
wait till you really open her up! That is what I love about mine, quiet at idle, but you know something is there when you let her eat! And I am still working on pics for ya! LOL

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Right now she sounds about as loud as a poopy flavored lolly pop is good, haha. What kind of cats are you running? Right now she has about a 200 rpm range she rumbles, but my 99 was louder at start up, or so it seems to me, Start up she runs real quiet. Guess we'll see, may need to do cat delete on a pair of the cats, haha, they're better mufflers than anything

Thanks for getting the pics doc, interested to see the setup you have.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have dual high flow cats on mine.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
IIRC 30 each on Fleabay!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts