Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

Had I woke up earlier and checked my mail sooner I could have met you there to OOOOOooooo and AHhhhhhhhhh you on .....in regard to those parts ;)

They look great from here ;)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Dennis...I will be back there next week if all goes according to plan..:rolleyes:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks Ken, but they never came like that from the factory!...you might have got black paint, but that was about it!

Like others have been saying, better than new. I'm jealous and excited for you....some day, Duncan.smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I were married, those parts would be sleeping next to me, and the OL would be in the garage.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I think that would stand true until Bailee ( I can never remember how to spell her name! sorry ) found out about it... In which case you would be sleeping in the dog house, or garage, with your parts...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think that would stand true until Bailee ( I can never remember how to spell her name! sorry ) found out about it... In which case you would be sleeping in the dog house, or garage, with your parts...

HAHA...and yeah, you spelled it right. You got that right though...she's 5'2" 120lbs of blue twisted steel. True story...I've discussed 'dream garages' with her before, and her words exactly were 'You better make plans for a loft in it for when you piss me off...' HAHAHAHAHA.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Got the axle shafts back all dry filmed, as well as the last transmission pieces (thinking I missed the yolk nuts), dropped them off at the transmission rebuilders.
Hoping to have the frame in within the next couple of weeks.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Looks good Duncan!

New place im working at has a powder coat set up and oven. :) I've been given the blessing of using it when i need, as long as im not interfering with production...

=)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks good Duncan!

New place im working at has a powder coat set up and oven. :) I've been given the blessing of using it when i need, as long as im not interfering with production...

=)

That would be handy!

I've been waiting for an update forever!

I've slowed down a bit due to work and the fact that it wont be going in for paint before the spring.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Picked up some stuff yesterday
NOS tie rod and drag link:

Quad_Sept_15_2011_001.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_002.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_003.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_004.JPG

Been sitting around for a while!

Quad_Sept_15_2011_005.JPG

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dash pad..NOS blue..not NOS orange dyed blue like the bunghole on eBay sold me:

Quad_Sept_15_2011_006.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_007.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_008.JPG

NOS condenser:

Quad_Sept_15_2011_010.JPG

Dry filmed axle shafts:

Quad_Sept_15_2011_024.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_025.JPG

Quad_Sept_15_2011_026.JPG

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That looks like a pretty hefty tranny cooler! "Do Not Bend"? Me thinks it would take a pretty hefty person to bend a tie rod, but at least they were being cautious!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is the A/C condenser Doug...and the do not bend was the dashpad :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts