Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Any updates on the build?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Done a little more welding/grinding on the frame but nothing really worth posting.

I just don't seem to have had the time lately, I have been still buying parts though.

At the very least I'd like to have the frame done, crossmembers riveted back on and powdercoated before fall.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Crazy how time gets away from you. Seems to me I remember a time when I could get up at 4am to go running, work until 5-8pm...grab a little dinner, wrench until midnight-1am and be perfectly fine. Now I'm like, dammit, I have to take off all 8 lugnuts to take the 75lb bogger off to take the 3 screws off the control valve, and then reverse the order to get it all back together. Man, I'm really not sure when I'll have time to squeeze that 45 minute project in.

Crazy how time gets away from you. Seems to me I remember a time when I could get up at 4am to go running, work until 5-8pm...grab a little dinner, wrench until midnight-1am and be perfectly fine. Now I'm like, dammit, I have to take off all 8 lugnuts to take the 75lb bogger off to take the 3 screws off the control valve, and then reverse the order to get it all back together. Man, I'm really not sure when I'll have time to squeeze that 45 minute project in.

It gets worse. 4 lug nuts one day 4 the next day. Lower the jack so you don't have to lift the wheel. etc,,,,,, Right Duncan ?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:rofl: I opened the incision on a hernia surgery trying to change a flat tire on the truck, a week after the surgery. The Dr. was, how you say, very pleased.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I stretched the bond to the mesh on my hernia surgery 4 days after.
I was cutting the grass and the dust made me sneeze really hard.:hammer:

smiliehijacked

Ouch. I was warned about sneezing.
smiliehijacked Guess we should have our own hernia thread. smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was born with a hernia...that's all I know about them.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I sorted out some stuff from the last Montana trip....and it seems I now have 5 sets of mirrors :suspicious:

There will be no more mirrors bought.

20140414_132411.jpg

20140414_140859.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This weekend I have to add on to those temporary shelves as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
They smell old as well :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have looked at those horn pads on more than one occasion!...I've sealed those up real well now though!

I have another order with all NOS body trim coming as well as an A/C condenser, rear glass and stuff I can't remember.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man that's a gorgeous sight. Those little blue boxes are like my little blue pill, making me harder than chinese algebra.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts