Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks guys, the foam is a little aged on the backside...but I think they will be OK.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Very nice mats there. I have never seen those and to find some in blue is very cool.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Buck!

Some more progress today, should have some more time this week as well.

DSCF4181.JPG

DSCF4186.JPG

DSCF4191.JPG

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks Buck!

Some more progress today, should have some more time this week as well.

DSCF4181.JPG

DSCF4186.JPG

DSCF4191.JPG

I am in awe of the fact that you think you have to redo some assembly line welds. It's gonna be a beauty when you're done.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those were horrific welds...I've gotta go find a detail belt sander.

I was going to leave the other side, but now that side has been done...well, you know.

Then I have to flip it over and do the bottom.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Those were horrific welds...I've gotta go find a detail belt sander.

I was going to leave the other side, but now that side has been done...well, you know.

Then I have to flip it over and do the bottom.

Can you spell A-N-A-L? I mean that in a good way!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I just don't want to think "I should have done....xxxx"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hmmmm...formula 51? :wasntme:

After I get the underside done, I'm going to glassblast the powdercoat off the crossmembers and get them fitted and figure out what I need to do with the rivet hammers I have.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think that was the factory amount Doug. It's a fairly straightforward procedure
to do.
The front cover (that covers the timing chain/gears) can be a bit of a pain to clean the gasket material off....and you might find it pitted, but it shouldn't affect the sealing surface.
I'd think about pulling the rad for more clearance to work, but I'm thinking you have A/C so that might not be possible.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Then I would pull the rad given that you have to drain the coolant anyway....but that is me...I like room to work.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
A bit of a milestone today....flipped the frame over, top is complete!!

I'm sure there will be one or three things I will find before it goes in, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Started on the underside, I'm really going to have to make sure this is done well as it will be visible if I show it.

DSCF4193.JPG

DSCF4194.JPG

DSCF4195.JPG

Flipped!!

Got a fair bit to do here.

DSCF4197.JPG

DSCF4198.JPG

DSCF4199.JPG

DSCF4200.JPG

DSCF4201.JPG

DSCF4202.JPG

DSCF4203.JPG

DSCF4204.JPG

DSCF4205.JPG

DSCF4206.JPG

DSCF4207.JPG

DSCF4208.JPG

DSCF4209.JPG

DSCF4210.JPG

DSCF4211.JPG

DSCF4212.JPG

DSCF4213.JPG

That first picture after "flipped" shows the welder runith amuck. Did they use machines back then ? Or was that human error. I can't see a person continuing that weld for that long.

More anal,,,,,, I mean nice work by the way,

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That first picture after "flipped" shows the welder runith amuck. Did they use machines back then ? Or was that human error. I can't see a person continuing that weld for that long.

More anal,,,,,, I mean nice work by the way,

Human....a UAW professional :rolleyes: Henry would be rolling in his grave if he saw that.

I have to get the underside as close to perfect as I can :D....if I show it and a mirror is underneath it....I don't want to see a flaw.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts