Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

different steering wheels for different years?

did they vary year to year, or by trim level?

never thought about it until i saw some pics
"style 1" 95 XL
truck050.jpg

"style 2" 97 XLT
IMG_0446.jpg

Michigan
To be honest, the steering wheel in my truck and the one in the first pic is one of the reasons why i picked buying one of these years. The one below is for a 250 or higher. I have never seen a 250 or 350 with the steering wheel like mine, thats another reason why i didnt buy a 250 or 350 cuz im really not a fan of that looking steering wheel. lol

BTW i like the seats in the bottom pic!

Michigan
The one difference I notice is cruise control.
Its the same style with or without cruise.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
both of them has airbags?

bottom pic with the seats and ugly wheel (i agree) is mine. i didn't think about the 150/250 difference

Michigan
Yea thats the difference. One is a 150 Wheel and one is a 250 -350 wheel. Every 250 that was year 92-97 had that (your) style wheel...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The wheel in the bottom picture doesn't have an airbag. It wasn't required in trucks over a certain GVWR.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Mine is the top one WITH cruise control buttons. I'll snap a pic later.

Tony's right about the bottom wheel. Those don't have airbags.

Fun side note: my buddy's 93 Bronco (my body style) had the bottom type steering wheel with no airbag.

so i guess the difference is the 150/250 break b/c of airbags. seems like more work/money to make different ones than what it would cost to just add the airbag

JR's flareside beanermobile has the airbagwheel while mine has the fugly lookin non air bag wheel, i would rather have th air bag wheel my self but thats just me.

MR Biggin

JR still an asswhole

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
What's weird is that I just about swear Mom's '94 Explorer had a driver's side airbag, and I know the wheel was a 2-spoker like the 2/350 wheels in this thread.

ba8d_1.JPG

*I prefer the two-spoke Ford wheels- on highway trips, I tend to put my left hand on the spoke sorta flat- easy to "herd" the truck down the road and very comfortable...

air bags are for sissies. if you can't take a steering column to the face.....park the truck.:wavey:

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts