Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

different size tires on front and back of a 4x4

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Disclaimer: Whatever you decide to do-- don't come back blaming us saying "you guys told me it would be okay!!" :p Just wanted to put that out there :D

Disclaimer: Whatever you decide to do-- don't come back blaming us saying "you guys told me it would be okay!!" :p Just wanted to put that out there :D

:) got it.

thanks, guys. i'll keep it out of 4x4 unless absolutely necessary, and bump the matching set of tires higher up on the list.

After buying the new tires, I am considering running different ones this summer, as to not wear the good ones out when im not gunna be doing much offroading. I figured if it was a huge difference, Id take the front drive line out, just so Im not tempted. But id never do that in the winter.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If you have to lock it in, pay close attention to how it feels. If you feel it starting to bind, take it out before you break something. I had a set of swampers on a mud truck that gave me troubles. I bought them used and the fronts had about 25% tread while the rears had about 75%. That was enough size difference to make it bind up now and then.

Ford Truck Articles