Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dentside locking hubs score...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Busted a hub in the bronco a few months back and wanted to replace with an OEM set. Never realized how difficult it was to come across stock Ford locking hubs for a dentside. The D44 is hard enough, but LP and HP 60's...can't find them. Anyway...finally snaked a deal with a guy who had offered a set to another guys WTB thread on a local board. Turns out the guy has an NOS set too. So the OEM set I paid $50 and the NOS $150. Couldn't find a set on ebay before hand, but I know the used sets go for $50-75ish on FSB when they pop up. I figure new hubs will run you $100 and these are NOS and considered the strongest. I dunno how well I actually did with them...but they were available and I wanted them and that's what I was willing to pay.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is a great score Ben!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nah...would love to get an HP60/70 combo in the Bronco, but that hasn't been too high on the priority list. I do have an LP60 in Red though...would love to get a set of OEM/NOS hubs on her.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn those are pretty. The pics of the OEM set have the dial spray painted grey...but nothing a little spray paint can't fix. Not sure where I'm gonna source the Ford sticker from though.

Damn those are pretty. The pics of the OEM set have the dial spray painted grey...but nothing a little spray paint can't fix. Not sure where I'm gonna source the Ford sticker from though.

Decal or sign shop should be able to make you some for a fair price.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Forgot about this thread...but they did come in. The OEM set look good mechanically, but need to be cleaned up like nothing else. Figure I'll remove as much grime as much as I can with hot water, then let them sit in some parts cleaner for a couple days...then spray them down with some brake cleaner. Then paint the dial and see if I can't buff a better finish out of them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy bageezus...guy on FSB snagged another set of OEM hubs for me in a junkyard...I was expecting $15-20 per hub (not even complete, missing some fasteners)...$66 plus shipping later, the deal is done. The yard musta thought they're gold or something. Still not a bad price...but I was expecting much less.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I have had the same hubs on my chevy since I got it. 4 years now. Never a problem.

You are a hub abuser Benny. You need help - Hub Abusers Anonymous

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have had the same hubs on my chevy since I got it. 4 years now. Never a problem.

You are a hub abuser Benny. You need help - Hub Abusers Anonymous

:D

I don't need new hubs...well every now and again I do...but the OEM Ford hubs are bar none the best hubs you can put on the 44 or 60...so I collect them.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
What'll you do with your nos parts collection if you move to Florida? I hear the salty air is bad for parts :D I'll have to keep the stuff for you...

I have a dumb question. What makes the OEM hubs the strongest or best. You always hear people talking up Warn, M/M or SuperWinch. I have never heard much about the factory hubs.

I am now interested. Once my truck is on the road, it will spend quite a bit of time locked in 4x4. The winters are a fairly long up here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The quick answer is componentry, all steel internals...'they don't make em like they used to'. I'll have to dig a little bit but there's a thread on FSB with a side by side comparison, I'll link if I can find it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles