Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dent vs Vette...

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris

I know its not stock...but it looks like a farm truck....pretty cool IMO.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I love it!

Ryan

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
This reminds me of a story back from 1986..My wife drove her 80 Thinderbird to meet me after work,for we had an apointment..so i proceeded to follow her.The next light was red...she was the lead car,i was behind her....A new Vette pulls up in the right lane next to her,an older gentilmen is driving..he looks over to her above his sunglasses and revs his engine...She looks back at me through her rear view mirror....I grinned and gave her the ok Nod the coast was clear.Light turns green They Hit the gas...the wife blew this Vette away light to light...at the next light the guy starts yelling obsenities to my wife then turns right in disgust...T-bird had a stock 2brl 302 the vette an L88 350.....True Story.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
This reminds me of a story back from 1986..My wife drove her 80 Thinderbird to meet me after work,for we had an apointment..so i proceeded to follow her.The next light was red...she was the lead car,i was behind her....A new Vette pulls up in the right lane next to her,an older gentilmen is driving..he looks over to her above his sunglasses and revs his engine...She looks back at me through her rear view mirror....I grinned and gave her the ok Nod the coast was clear.Light turns green They Hit the gas...the wife blew this Vette away light to light...at the next light the guy starts yelling obsenities to my wife then turns right in disgust...T-bird had a stock 2brl 302 the vette an L88 350.....True Story.

No offense, but that guy prolly wasnt on that vette (or didnt know how to drive) i hate corvettes, BUT, that 130hp 302 moving around roughly the same weight with an automatic doesnt stand a chance....

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
None taken workin..but i was there and it did happen....that t-bird was a pretty Quick car in 80 due to its downsizing from the previous yrs.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
None taken workin..but i was there and it did happen....that t-bird was a pretty Quick car in 80 due to its downsizing from the previous yrs.

I believe ya....I once smoked a Fox body with my 83 F150 with a 300 I6 and a 4sp, because the guy in the fox missed like 2 gears :)

I know the late 70s birds and LTD IIs were pretty quick, so i imagine after they cut their size (and weight) by 1/3 they wernt slouches....just dont think they could beat a vette with a good driver .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts