Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Defrost Only AC Operation (Vacumm Leak???)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The new part # is 7C3Z-9H465-A and my price is $41.75. List price was $60 and change.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am hoping that when I go to my local dealer they will cut the price down to be more competitive with other dealers inthe area and the pricing I am seeing on the internet.

I am willing to pay a few dollars more for local pick-up becuase you have to factor in freight costs.

Stay tuned.....

Thanks.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am hoping that when I go to my local dealer they will cut the price down to be more competitive with other dealers inthe area and the pricing I am seeing on the internet.

I am willing to pay a few dollars more for local pick-up becuase you have to factor in freight costs.

Stay tuned.....

Thanks.
The dealership I bought my truck from sells me parts cheaper than I can find them on the internet usually. I don't even use them for service, but the parts guys are awesome.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The dealership I bought my truck from sells me parts cheaper than I can find them on the internet usually. I don't even use them for service, but the parts guys are awesome.

Went to my local dealer and spoke to the Manager of Service & Body Shop and he helped me out with the parts department.

I was able to get the solenoid part for $48.00 and 4 gallons of Premium Gold coolant for $11.00/gallon.

I will be busy next week working on my truck.

Thanks... will keep you guys informed if I corrected the right problem.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Went to my local dealer and spoke to the Manager of Service & Body Shop and he helped me out with the parts department.

I was able to get the solenoid part for $48.00 and 4 gallons of Premium Gold coolant for $11.00/gallon.

I will be busy next week working on my truck.

Thanks... will keep you guys informed if I corrected the right problem.
Check it out! Proof that there are some that ARE NOT 'STEALERSHIPS'!! Yeah Ford!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Check it out! Proof that there are some that ARE NOT 'STEALERSHIPS'!! Yeah Ford!!

100% agree.... I will promote Shawnee Mission Ford in Shawnee, Kansas every day of the week to anyone looking for a good dealership in the Kansas City area.

The key is to develop a relationship and then just ask... they still made a profit on me... but all I did was show them the other dealership in town's price and what the internet was selling them for... bingo.... they made me an offer I could not refuse.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Here is the box top showing the new Ford/Motorcraft part number for the Pulse Vacuum Hub Solenoid Valve. I think this part number also works for owner's of the 7.3L diesel motors as well?

Part #: 7C3Z-9H465-A

I paid $48.25 which was the preferred customer price at my local Ford dealer... list is $60.00 and higher!!!

It took 10 minutes (maybe less) to remove the old valve and install the new one. There is 1 electrical connection, 2 vacuum lines and 2 screws that hold it on... bingo... I now have 4WD and my AC blows out the front vents and not the defrosters!!!

I saved paying 1 hour of labor... but it was so easy to fix, I just had to do it myself... and so can you!!!

VacuumPulseSolenoidValve-FordSuperD.jpg

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Glad to hear you got it fixed buddy.

Me to... never know when one may need 4WD in August.

Thanks to the resident Ford tech's for their helpfull advise and words of encouragement.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
We'll have you wrenching in no time, Beach!

Hey... I can even handle 2 screws and 1 electrical connection.

On a good day, I can change an oil filter and fuel filter.

Beyond that... I prefer only "wrenching" the opening of a beer bottle!!!

:beer: :flag: :beer: :flag: :beer: :flag:

Ford Truck Articles