Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

dana 61 rear end axle

Good day does any one know how common these axles are in the f250 line? This 77 parts truck I picked up last week has this axle [code 22/ 307 ratio]
I know I have never seen one until now but it is a good highway ratio for lower rpms and speed. I don't know if there is any difference to a dana 60 or not.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
That's what was in my '74. Don't think there's any big differences from the 60. Just a little bit different case to accommodate higher/lower ratios.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Matt nailed it, the pinion is in a different spot and I think the axle tubes are a different diameter.

Okay thanks I will pull that axle out any ways and have a better look. I like the 307 ratio for highway. It might work good with my reg cab with the 502/c6/gear venders overdrive. I am figuring from a 3.54 ratio now the engine is reving at 2100 rpm @ 60 mph in high gear and the over drive kicked in it should bring it down to about 1900 rpm or so with this ratio.
Worth a try any ways.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts