Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cylinder heads on EFI 460's

I was curious to know if a guy could put either older heads like DOVE heads on newer 460s with EFI, or even heads from edelbrock or trick flo that are noted only up to 1987 on the later engines.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
quick answer: no.

the ports are in different locations on the efi heads as compared to the carb heads, so the efi intake would not line up correctly.

maybe i can get some more info for you from rob(monsterbaby) i know he mentioned something on another site about someone he knows that sells cnc ported done up high performance efi heads.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
i don't know much about the scj heads, but i believe they have to have their own intakes and headers because of having different port locations, but i doubt it's the same as fuelie heads, otherwise it would be all over the net.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
Pfffft

Bet Kaase has something... And the summit link says '79-'97 so...

:flipoff:

because you can put the heads on any of the blocks and vice versa.

if he's so badass, why don't his heads work for 68-78? only difference was like 20 thousandths deck hight. :flipoff:

So if i made a custom intake and got different headers it would theoreticly work?

I guess if i could get my heads to be better and have bigger ports id be fine cause i just want more flow.

because you can put the heads on any of the blocks and vice versa.

if he's so badass, why don't his heads work for 68-78? only difference was like 20 thousandths deck hight. :flipoff:

Fawk Idk, thats why I play with small blocks...

I can mix and match any head and intake combo I want....

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
So if i made a custom intake and got different headers it would theoreticly work?

I guess if i could get my heads to be better and have bigger ports id be fine cause i just want more flow.

You won't have to make any custom parts unless you want to keep your EFI and headers should be no problem. I would ask TMI,you may not have to change anything.

http://www.tmeyerinc.com/

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
Dan, is the port issue only on the 385 series????
I know I don't have that issue with the sbf motors

don, as far as i know they only changed the 385 series heads when they went to efi. for some damn reason they always had issues with getting them to pass emissions, and iirc that was a major part of the head change.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts