Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CV Angle ???

So I just bought a 3 inch front leveling kit with the rear add a leaf. Well before I bought it I asked a few people and they said that would be sweet. Well now that after I bought it some people are saying that the cv shaft angle is going to be real bad. Should I be real worried. If one goes if I do put this on how much is it to replace. I just wana know for the long run.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm not very familiar with the new trucks... Is this a 2 piece driveshaft like mine?

DSC00889.jpg

Or is it a 1 piece with a cv joint like this?

0702_4wd_01_z+driveshaft_basics+j_e_reel_driveshafts.jpg

its just a 3 inch spacer or whatever that sits on tops of the coil. I seen pics of 2.5 and it was a big difference. cause stock is pretty much straight and 2.5 was up there. Its hard to explain I guess if i can find some pics of one I will post them.

blacksnapon

Staff member
its just a 3 inch spacer or whatever that sits on tops of the coil. I seen pics of 2.5 and it was a big difference. cause stock is pretty much straight and 2.5 was up there. Its hard to explain I guess if i can find some pics of one I will post them.
One of our parts guys has one. He's also just replaced both axles.

The leveling kit

well I installed the front today the add a leaf should be here tomorrow. It turned out really good I think. Took me about 2 hours on each side. Didnt think that was to bad. They said it should take 1.5 hours for a good mechanic. I dont work on trucks much. But here is the pics tell me what you think so far.
DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Thanks. You think that cv angle is to big or no. I think I should be fine

The cv is pretty big but the way these trucks are designed the cv axles are NOT spinning when the the 4x4 is not engaged so the less you use ur 4x4 the longer they will last!!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
I'm not very familiar with the new trucks... Is this a 2 piece driveshaft like mine?

DSC00889.jpg

Or is it a 1 piece with a cv joint like this?

0702_4wd_01_z+driveshaft_basics+j_e_reel_driveshafts.jpg

AHHH skan ur not even talking about the right part of the truck and BTW thoes are not cv joints on the driveshafts they are slip joints lol they are not even close to cv joints... lol the new f150's have IFS... and insted of u-joints up front like our trucks they have CV joints which are inside the black boots...

Last edited:
Michigan
those are driveshafts, first one has a slip yoke, and a carrier bearing with spacers because of a lift kit (im assuming your truck skan)

CV shafts are axleshafts without U joints. IFS trucks have CV axleshafts, and most new cars.

Blaise, the angle of your cv shafts dont scare me. I think the will be fine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts