Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Crossover steering conversion write-up?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I believe Kris over on NWU sent his write up/info to Lee who then sent it to me. However, I'm at work and can't access that email, so you might wanna PM Lee, or I'll try to get it to you tonight.

I believe Kris over on NWU sent his write up/info to Lee who then sent it to me. However, I'm at work and can't access that email, so you might wanna PM Lee, or I'll try to get it to you tonight.

Thanks Ben...I should pop on over to NWU and say Hullo...haven't been on there in a while. I'm sure I'll be greeted warmly with open arms LOL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pirate tends to focus on bowties and Jeeps... not my scene much over there

Agreed...not much Ford traffic at all...I rarely go over there anymore.

You do know they have a ford section right?

You do realize the Ford section is basically Seth flaming on newbies right? And most stuff asked is about Rangers or how to lift something with hockey pucks and 2x4's so they can fit their new wicked awesome bling daddy rims and tires.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Crossover steering is crossover steering, be it on a chevy dodge ford toyota jeep, its all the same, if you need exact measurements. Look in the ford section, there is alot of b.s. to wade through but you will find it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I got that don...I was just generalizing about the Ford section on the BB.

I don't want a generalization. I already know the jist of how to do it...was looking for more exact information (IE. what size HEIMS to use, adjustments I need to make, etc)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
nwu might have his write up if not fte does.
4x4 forum in the tech thread... Stg something or another.

Pretty sure NWU lost it in the great Tater crash and I'm not sure if he kept the pics for the other site. I'm telling you, Lee and I both, should have the write-up and I'll try getting it to you tonight Charles. Shoot me a PM with your email.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I also would like to see a writeup. From what I've read already, a crossover would be tough on a stock setup because of leaf clearance. If the truck is lifted or has SD springs on, than much easier to do. Another problem is that most F250s have D44s up front and won't allow for a passenger side steering arm to allow crossover steering. In that case, you would have to use an inverted T type steering where the drag link connects to the tie rod. ED (75F350) over on FTE is actually looking into a setup for a stock truck because not many people seem to have done this on a stock truck. I for one would love to have a type of crossover on mine, but need to leave my truck at stock height.

bendog

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
I dont have a big writeup, but I did it on my 76 highboy, used a 97 Dodge (saginaw) steering box. I learned the best/strongest/cheapest/easiest to get joints were Dodge 1 ton joints, high steer doesn't fit unless the truck is lifted, that leaves inverted T. Used a 91 F-350 center link and voila. A few things I'd do differently, but all in all I'm happy. I can elaborate if anybody wants.
will--molly-021.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Charles...did you get my email and did it help any?

Hey Charles...did you get my email and did it help any?

Yup got it last night dude I appreciate it... gonna definitely put it to good use. I had Kris' number in my old phone but lost it when the phone went bye bye... now I have it from the email and I'll bug him about it if I run into any questions.

Thanks again dude!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not a problem...Buck if you want it too, I'll shoot it your way. The truck this is on is definitely modified, but maybe it'll do you some use.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts