Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Crewcab worth?

I know I know I forgot to take pics but will describe the truck I looked at yesterday.
It is a 1976 F350 2wd crew cab long bed. I am trying to get it bought for $1500. The way he sees it I am buying the cab & the rest is bonus parts but I tend not to value any cab for $1500 but is it a reasonable price for one of these. It is an AZ truck so no rust anywhere still has original paint still in good shape on the cab. All the doors are good as is the upper trim (in the dent with the rubber) it also has the trim on the very bottom and it was pretty good as well. Seats are AZ dried out but rebuildable dash pad is cracked to heck but the door panels looked good (for az anyway) Really only looked hard at the rear ones.
So in summation do you all think this cab Ranger XLT (by the way) is worth the $1500
the truck is complete 460, AT, PS, PB, AC. The motor is said to run good but smokes at start up grill shell fenders & bed are rough .
JOhn

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
W/o pics, it's hard to say. Assuming there is little rust and the body is well (Bed can be hard to deal with, though), go for it. A crew cab can be hard to find in some places for less than $5k.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I say go for it. Around here, a CC with no engine/tranny and no bed will fetch a grand. So if this is a runner and there are salvageable parts, I don't see any reason why $1500 wouldn't be a good price.

I told the guy yesterday I would take it but wanted him to put a carb on it so I could see how it runs & such. He said he would do it but not shure when as he said he was selling the cab & the rest was free.
I will post up pics when I get it
John

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts