Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cowl leaking

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I went to vacuum out my truck today and found my carpet was all wet on the passenger side. Originally I thought my A/C was plugged and was leaking on the inside, but instead when I sprayed some water down in the cowl, it was coming right on through by the kickpanel vent. Is there supposed to be some sort of rubber seal that goes around the vent opening before the vent pieces attach to the kickpanel or do I need to do something else. I'm assuming water is supposed to drain down by there as normal, but what seals it from coming in by the vent opening?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The bottom has an opening in it...mine was beyond full of pine needles. If it gets full of crap and plugged it will backup...did you blow that crap out when you did your work on it?
I didn't even clue into the fact that there could be crud in it until I was being my anal self and checking stuff out.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Ya, it's clean and water runs down and drains out the bottom of the fender, but as its running down the cowl it leaks in from the fresh air vent connection. I never thought about any sort of gasket there when I put it together so there really isn't any good seal there. That's where I was wondering if there is some sort of rubber gasket that seals around the fresh air vent to keep water from running in there.

Ford Truck Articles