Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Couple hours at a junk yard, and Bronco seat question.

Finding parts around NE Ohio can be somewhat difficult, but i found a place that has at least a dozen 73-79 trucks sitting around.
Found everything that was on my list minus radiator and front bumper.
Picked up a washer bottle, Grill surround, Power steering bracket, Side marker lights, AC Compressor all for $150.
4011956870_45c1dd9965.jpg

Got the surround on today. Looks so much better being nice and straight with no dents, tears like the old one. Just have to get it polished out now.
4011957596_a68627f33a.jpg

And for the Bronco seat question.
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to put in a set of factory Bronco bucket seats and center console into an 79 F150? I started taking them out but as this is not a required fix to get my truck up and running decided on not spending the cash at this time.

I have one of those aftermarket seats in my 86, it is nice to have the option to switch from bucket to bench. I love the center console, but it is pretty easy to need that center seat back in a standard cab... I got mine used out of a Dodge truck though.

I have done plenty of installs before, and it really isn't that tough. The Bronco seats will sit on the floor pan, you just have to add a few holes to the floor. The good thing is that they line up on existing floor braces.

I asked the question then decided to do a search and found some info.

Seats up to 1996 will fit if you put the newer seat on the older seat tracks

Yeah, I was thinking that 79 Bronco seats would match up close to the factory holes that are already there. Keep from drilling more holes. And the Bronco seats were lowback style that would work in a regular cab better than highbacks.

I did this with my 98 regular cab. Took out the leather 40/60 split with fold down console. Took a set of buckets out of a 2000 extended cab and they bolted right in except for one hole on the passenger side. The hole was there just didn't have an insert in it.

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
And for the Bronco seat question.
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to put in a set of factory Bronco bucket seats and center console into an 79 F150? I started taking them out but as this is not a required fix to get my truck up and running decided on not spending the cash at this time.

I just did this on my '77 SC. Buckets out of a '78 Bronco. The truck floor pan is stamped the same as the bronco, as far as the seat and center console mounts. But the extra holes (2 on each side, and 4 for the console) have to be drilled to bolt the bases to the floor.

If you do this, be sure and get the inboard (female) seat belts from the donor bronco. They are different than the truck's bench seat belts. The bucket belts have a plastic sleeve on them that makes them stand up between the seat, and the center console. My donor bronco was missing one of those. I'm still looking for the passenger side belt. (if anyone runs across one).

I just did this on my '77 SC. Buckets out of a '78 Bronco. The truck floor pan is stamped the same as the bronco, as far as the seat and center console mounts. But the extra holes (2 on each side, and 4 for the console) have to be drilled to bolt the bases to the floor.

If you do this, be sure and get the inboard (female) seat belts from the donor bronco. They are different than the truck's bench seat belts. The bucket belts have a plastic sleeve on them that makes them stand up between the seat, and the center console. My donor bronco was missing one of those. I'm still looking for the passenger side belt. (if anyone runs across one).

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Bronco buckets would be to easiest to put in then. And the Bronco in question does have the seat belts beside the console.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts