Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

coolant leak

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok today i was washing the trucks and when i got home with the 88 it sprung a good size coolant leak. dont know where it came from it was sudden. and it only happened bout 10 foot away from where i was parking it. and was sitting leaking out and i cant see where its coming from. it looks like its coming from the top of the motor towards the back.

any ideas on where its coming from???

My Bronco leaks coolant (or maybe wiper fluid), but at the current rate of leakage, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
any ideas on where its coming from???

'88 should be EFI, right?

I know at least some of those trucks ran coolant up to the throttle body to keep it from icing up...might be worth a look.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
thats what i was thinking. i hope it aint either. but im letting it cool off and then check the coolant level then drive it around the block and keep an eye on the temp and then pull back in and go from there.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
'88 should be EFI, right?

I know at least some of those trucks ran coolant up to the throttle body to keep it from icing up...might be worth a look.

yeah its efi. well Ian might have a good point i did see a puddle right above the water pump. so idk. like i said im gonna check it out here in a lil bit to get more thoughts on it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
how about the heater stuff? oh and also there is a coolant line going to the throttle body chek that

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
its from the front corner on the drivers side. it appears to be a cracked cylinder head. its bad and i say real bad.

looks like your gonna do the engine build sooner than you thought sir :p smilieeatndrink

Get us some rrrrreal clear pictures!

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Are you sure it isn't a freeze plug that is seeping???????:wtf: :wtf: If the antifreeze/ coolant hasn't been kept up and it has steel freeze plugs...........you get the picture....

Already talked to Tim about this a few hours ago. :cool:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts