Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cool LMC Story about a 78

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ive never had problems with them... parts i always got fit perfectly. well i should rephrase that.. the only problem i have is getting the magazine regularly... they keep dropping me from the mailing list.. dad gets the one for his 03 instead of the 85 that he actually wants.. and from time to time i get the one for the s10 i gave to my brother.. but not the one for my SD

ive never had problems with them... parts i always got fit perfectly. well i should rephrase that.. the only problem i have is getting the magazine regularly... they keep dropping me from the mailing list.. dad gets the one for his 03 instead of the 85 that he actually wants.. and from time to time i get the one for the s10 i gave to my brother.. but not the one for my SD

that's odd, I haven't had any issues with getting the magazine, but the parts I got for my '83 F250 I had to make small modifications.

parts:-

roof cab lights (had to use my Dremel to correct the tabs to accept the factory Ford 1/4 turn plugs)
interior clear dome lens (had to use Dremel, again)
rubber cap for dimmer floor switch (hey, this fit!)
gas pedal spring, completely different than the factory one and I triple checked the order form and picture. (ended up finally finding 2 from the wreckers)
chrome tailgate handle (had to use the original spring in the handle assembly, the one that came with the new handle was weak and very thin, didn't last)

I like getting the magazine for it's information and diagrams, and also for ideas

Remanufacturers can't make exact duplicate items because of patent infringements.
That being said, the few things I bought from there didn't quite fit right.
So I didn't buy anymore.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
that's odd, I haven't had any issues with getting the magazine, but the parts I got for my '83 F250 I had to make small modifications.

parts:-

roof cab lights (had to use my Dremel to correct the tabs to accept the factory Ford 1/4 turn plugs)
interior clear dome lens (had to use Dremel, again)

I like getting the magazine for it's information and diagrams, and also for ideas

the lights ive yet to buy... always found them cheaper elsewhere.. but theres been times i think that LMC is just buying Generic assemblies for like your roof lights there.. and listing them for everyone.. When i looked through the different magazines we got i started noting the "part numbers" were the same.

Remanufacturers can't make exact duplicate items because of patent infringements.
That being said, the few things I bought from there didn't quite fit right.
So I didn't buy anymore.

Its not always patent infringement. Ive seen a lot of people complain when it comes to body panels not fitting right for hard to find vehicles parts or where the parent company stopped mfg of those pieces. Whats happened in a lot of cases with these vehicles is the blue prints have been lost. So when you get aftermarket companies now that are trying to go reproduce them the specs can be off. Even LMC puts a "advisement" on the body panels that some may need reworked to fit properly for this very reason. Seen it with other companies as well. Even on the assembly line you can have 2 vehicles that may "look" alike.. but something is tweaked with the panel they have to rework to make fit. Saw this often when i was working as a machines making crankshafts. Was never 2 that came out of the machine exactly the same.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
so long as the remanufacturer has permission from the patent holder and pays a portion of the sale to the patent holder they can reproduce the parts.

if they couldnt reproduce them simply because one holds a patent then once that company stops mfg them youd never be able to fix nothing on them. that would go for that 78 there in your sig too. Because i can guarantee you theres something there on that 78 that Mother Ford has stopped making but that you can still get a part for. Hell even my 04 f350 theres parts ford no longer making that cannot be found. Mainly wire harnesses. Same with my mustang just look at how many MFG have OEM replacement headlights that look exactly like the factory assembly but do not come from ford. Dorman, Eagle Eye, Cardone, Anzo USA, Spyder Auto... ect ect...

Last edited:
Most of the parts I got from LMC were fine. For a guy on a budget, they are the way to go.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I have had no bad experience with LMC Truck, I regularly get the catalog from them for my 78 Ford F-150 Ranger Lariat, all of the parts I've gotten for my truck fit perfectly with no modifications at all. The friend that I had bought my truck from. Had recommended LMC Truck to me for my parts needs, and between LMC Truck and a local junkyard I have been able to find the parts that I need and want, because I can't find parts for my 78 because Ford has stopped making parts for these trucks. So between LMC and the junkyards as well as eBay I've been able to find everything I need

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice story.

I have had good luck with LMC with parts that don't need to be fitted persay. I did however buy the thin tailgait trim to get something on my 77 because I plan on buying all new complete set from DC at some point and it was very cheaply made. Looks ok, but no where near the comparison to OEM.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dennis Carpenter= Ford tooling or Ford certified tooling on alot of their products, of course they sell chinese cheapies too...can't expect to pay $99 for a grille shell or $149 for a tailgate and expect it to be the same quality as a $500 piece. Obviously, they're my remanufacturer of choice if NOS or OEM isn't available.

Regardless, the story was still cool.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts