Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Converting SD to MAF

Michigan
Theee truck here i have sitting in my driveway is a 94 F150 4x4 with a 302. It has MAF. My bronco has SD.. So im wondering how hard it is to convert from SD to MAF? And what exactly is needed?

If both trucks have the same tranny you're in luck and can use the computer. Also check the connectors on the engine wiring harness to see if they are also the same, if so you can simply swap the engine portion of the harness and plug in the computer. You'll also have to move the MAF meter and tubing of course. If the wiring connectors are not the same it's still possible just a little harder, you'll have to strip the injector and MAF wiring from the pickup harness and add it to yours, this will involve dismantling the computer connector on both harnesses, fordfuelinjection has some nice pics on that.

Michigan
Not the same trannys tho... I have E4OD he has 4R70W

That means you need a different computer then, mass air meter and injector wiring could still be sourced from this donor truck though.

Michigan
If i was taking the wire harness off to sell.... What exactly would i have to take off?

Probably best to pull the whole thing intact and let the potential buyer sort it out.

Ford Truck Articles