Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Color Help

Color selection

• Total voters

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...go black, if any color change...go with a gloss black.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Personally, I'm not a fan of flat colors at all...and I'd probably go gloss all the way around...not sure how that would affect the 'rod' style though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
So are you thinking of doing the entire hood, scoop and rocker in gloss? That's what I'd do

Not the entire hood just the center and pinstripe the hood in black and of course the GT390 in black. I know I have a ranger but I am thinking about getting rid of all the trim and welding up the holes to clean it up.

NOOOO, trim is awesome!!!! I definitly vote for trim, or at least the trim in the dent....

Definitly, other than that, it sounds like one heck of a paint scheme!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
NOOOO, trim is awesome!!!! I definitly vote for trim, or at least the trim in the dent....

Definitly, other than that, it sounds like one heck of a paint scheme!

It's something I'm thinking about. I am trying to make my truck stand out. I hope the paint turns out well

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I like the last one too (and voted) I also prefer gloss and trim. Also, IMOHO, if the scoop is a different color it would look like and add on..
Paint it and show us the pics!!
Dak

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I like the last one too (and voted) I also prefer gloss and trim. Also, IMOHO, if the scoop is a different color it would look like and add on..
Paint it and show us the pics!!
Dak

Yeah I thought about the color of the scoop after Ben had said something. It would look added on

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
OOOOOOOO...a black roof, like the ford custom (maybe the custom deluxe) tutone. I think that's a pretty good idea. Black roof down the back side of the cab even with the box.

Like the roof on this truck:

customdeluxe.jpg

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
OOOOOOOO...a black roof, like the ford custom (maybe the custom deluxe) tutone. I think that's a pretty good idea. Black roof down the back side of the cab even with the box.

IDK I like the Sub Lime better

Like the roof on this truck:

customdeluxe.jpg

thats exactly what i was talking about for the black roof, but instead of the normal two-tone, just paint the rocker panels black, thats what id do anyway...:D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
thats exactly what i was talking about for the black roof, but instead of the normal two-tone, just paint the rocker panels black, thats what id do anyway...:D

Yeah...I think that roof, the hood and the rockers in black and the rest of the truck in green would look greeeeeeeeat.

Ford Truck Articles