Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Clutch Kit

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Used a Perfection clutch set on one of my 400's about six months ago.Very pleased with the kit and the contents.Zoom is really the manufacturer of the clutch kits.Mine was a 12" clutch kit with the lever style pressure plate.They also offered it in a diaphragm design.Very pleased with the service it has given me.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Used a Perfection clutch set on one of my 400's about six months ago.Very pleased with the kit and the contents.Zoom is really the manufacturer of the clutch kits.Mine was a 12" clutch kit with the lever style pressure plate.They also offered it in a diaphragm design.Very pleased with the service it has given me.

Did you get yours from Advanced Auto Parts?

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
yeah, I saw that they were also available there, and they sell great products only, so I'm thinking it is the one to use. How long have you had it installed.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Will either get the one from Advanced Mentioned in this post or the Brute Power kit on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Brute-Power-90202-New-Clutch/dp/B000BZQ8KA/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=F-100%20Pickup|2097&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Ford|54&Year=1970|1970&carId=001

Only bad thing is I have a coupon for $50 off a $100 purchase from Advanced Auto....

What would everyone do...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Will either get the one from Advanced Mentioned in this post or the Brute Power kit on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Brute-Power-90202-New-Clutch/dp/B000BZQ8KA/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=F-100%20Pickup|2097&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Ford|54&Year=1970|1970&carId=001

Only bad thing is I have a coupon for $50 off a $100 purchase from Advanced Auto....

What would everyone do...

If it's the same save you some $$$$ that you can use on your truck.

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Not a one.As I mentioned,I replaced the clutch set about six months ago.Close to 4,000 miles on the new clutch now with no problems.The only other part I bought outside the kit was a roller pilot bearing.Some of the kits offered them,the one I got had a pilot bushing.Sounds like you have a good deal at Advance for your kit.Be sure to have the flywheel face resurfaced before you install the new clutch.Cost about $30.00 and makes all the difference in the world on clutch engagement.Also get new bolts(Grade 8)for bolting the pressure plate to the flywheel.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Not a one.As I mentioned,I replaced the clutch set about six months ago.Close to 4,000 miles on the new clutch now with no problems.The only other part I bought outside the kit was a roller pilot bearing.Some of the kits offered them,the one I got had a pilot bushing.Sounds like you have a good deal at Advance for your kit.Be sure to have the flywheel face resurfaced before you install the new clutch.Cost about $30.00 and makes all the difference in the world on clutch engagement.Also get new bolts(Grade 8)for bolting the pressure plate to the flywheel.

gonna go ahead and have them change the rear main seal, since it will be easy to get to. Also have the drive shafts balanced and any universals replaced that are bad or getting close to being bad...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts