Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Clutch 91' F250 4x4

OK how hard can this be? Need to replace clutch. Any step by step manuals? Are the clutch kits from auto parts stores reliable? O'Reilley carries the Power Torque brand and I could not find any negative comments on them. The badriverboys wanna' know.

Fellro

Staff member
It isn't that bad to do, the harder part is dealing with the hydraulics of the clutch cylinders. It depends what you do with the truck as to what will last, but I have had great luck with the LuK brand. When I did my 86, the old pressure plate was quite stiff, the LuK was much more user friendly.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
When I did my 91's clutch, I use Brute Force clutch, I got it from the local auto parts store along with a flywheel. Its not a bad job, just if you have a ZF that trans is huge and heavy and you will need to have something good to hold it when removing and installing. I good way to help with the hydraulic part of the setup is fill the slave cylinder up and make sure to get all the bubbles out. Fill the master cylinder and let it run a solid stream out the line, then quickly install line onto slave to keep air to a little bit, and will make bleeding much more friendly.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts