Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chrome wagon wheels

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
American Racing Outlaw II
jeep-wheels-americanracing-outlaw2-m.jpg

Don't care for them on the dentsides... Just doesn't look right.

They do, however, look great on gen 8-9's.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's a shame the factory wheels are so hard to find.Ford had some pretty cool lookin wheel options in the 70's.

YEA! I'm actually kinda partial to a slim depth wagon with a deep tread tire. Looks great on a dent.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I think these would look sweet on your truck,but they're so hard to find.

7382fordf100f150magstyl.jpg

Whatever you do,don't put the Styled Steel Wheels(The ones on my truck) on your truck.They look wrong on the dentsides.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I think these would look sweet on your truck,but they're so hard to find.

7382fordf100f150magstyl.jpg

Whatever you do,don't put the Styled Steel Wheels(The ones on my truck) on your truck.They look wrong on the dentsides.

They would look great on the truck. I've thought about the ones on your truck, but like you said, they look funky.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I've thought about the ones on your truck, but like you said, they look funky.

Yea,I even had a hard time deciding on those for my truck.It was between those,and the 87-91 Factory 8-spokes.The ones on my truck really look best on the 9th gens that they originally came on,but they're okay on the 7th gens.They look weird on the 8th gens.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Yea,I even had a hard time deciding on those for my truck.It was between those,and the 87-91 Factory 8-spokes.The ones on my truck really look best on the 9th gens that they originally came on,but they're okay on the 7th gens.They look weird on the 8th gens.

I could always just switch back to my wheel covers, and forget about the rims. :D $160 a piece for replacements.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
However we all know you want these:

TeddyBearRims.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Have a look through this site. Some rims are really expensive because they're still new aftermarket or NOS from the time period:

http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/showWheel.php?pk=441

Beyond that, if you have any 4x4 shops near by, go have a look at their used inventory. We have a place called Galloway's that has about 2 acres of used rims, they have just about anything you can think of. They've got a set of turbines I've been eyeballing for $100...I picked up a spare set of 15x10 alcoas for $150...the rims on Thunder are Chrome Eagles I got for $50. So if you have a place like that around you, it might behoove you to take a look.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Beyond that, if you have any 4x4 shops near by, go have a look at their used inventory. We have a place called Galloway's that has about 2 acres of used rims, they have just about anything you can think of. They've got a set of turbines I've been eyeballing for $100...I picked up a spare set of 15x10 alcoas for $150...the rims on Thunder are Chrome Eagles I got for $50. So if you have a place like that around you, it might behoove you to take a look.

Heck,even regular tire shops might have something.My buddy's grandpa has his own tire store,and they have 3 racks full of Factory and Aftermarket Rims.I've got my eye on a couple of 87-91 8 spokes in case I wanna swap to those on my truck.Highly unlikely though.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Try Summit Racing they have a good variety of wagon wheels for a reasonable price.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'd be willing to bet it was made in photoshop

The teddy bear rim? No I saw it at a wheel shop one time. But found that picture online.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
do you know how much tail i would get from my wife if i bought her those rims? :D

i think they would look "extra cute" on a pink late model vw beetle.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts