Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Christmas in February

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Got a few packages that showed up yesterday.

Finally scored my crown jewel freewheeler/pace truck tailgate panel:
image217.jpg

Posted these already...but now they're officially in my possession:
image212.jpg

And this is now my 7th tilt column I've purchased in the last couple months...probably just use this one for parts:
image216.jpg

Super stoked about that tailgate panel, been trying to snag one for at least 5 years. As it seems, most guys that have them, have them for a purpose and it's to use on their FW/pace truck. Seems they bring at least $300 on ebay, and I wasn't going to pay that. Came across a guy on a FB group from MO that's a good ol' parts hoarder too, and he was using it as wall art and we made a deal.

Those valve covers, never seen them before for a 335 series engine. The guy is out of Nebraska and knew I liked 400's, so he knew I'd buy...haha.

Tilt column...guy was just parting out his truck to pay for an engine build, shot him a number and got it for a song even with shipping.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Nice score, Ben. You WILL get your pictures when it warms up. You're in luck. The high beam lamp burned out, so I will also get the INSIDE pics of the CC.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good deal on everything

Yeah...I was pleased, the panel and valve covers I paid about 1/3 of what I figured I should have, and the tilt was a decent price for a parts column. Might actually be able to use it though, the guy I bought it from said it had a slight wobble, so once I get it, I'll check what the actual wobble is, and if it's fixable...it'll get fixed. I NEVER score deals like these, so I'm beside myself. I'm usually the guy that's a day late and a dollar short and have to buy something at peak cost.

Nice score, Ben. You WILL get your pictures when it warms up. You're in luck. The high beam lamp burned out, so I will also get the INSIDE pics of the CC.

Thanks man...still no real rush on the pics, mounting the new Boggers on Red this weekend, and sending off the original factory power cylinder and control valve off to Red Head this weekend...figure 10 days to get it back, will put me right in the middle of my busiest time. Then spruce up the top end in Red a bit, so best case scenario is end of march/beginning of april before I throw a tilt/cruise system in Red.

I love parts.

Ryan

Man these facebook groups are baaaaaaaad news for my wallet. I've bought more from facebook peeps in the last couple months than I have the last couple years on CL or in a JY.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
think i know the guy in nebraska you deal with. good and easy to deal with.

Probably so...he has a lot of good parts...but shipping kills it for me. We text back and forth pretty frequently though...really good guy.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I missed this....cool finds!

just let me know where you live i travel alot and i mean alot. if hes got something you need or want i would haul it for you if its on my way for some beer.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts