Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cholecsystectomy.......

This past June, after months of pain I decided to see a doctor. He concluded that I had to have my gallbladder taken out. After a conflict on scheduling and changing jobs and what not, I was strickin with a bout of pain that almost kept me from breathing a few nights ago. I decided to revisit the surgeon, and was informed that if I did not take care of this soon, laparoscopic removal would be out of the equation and I would end up in the emergency room at 0200 in the morning being fileted like a fish to have it removed. So.......next Thursday the bugger is coming out. I will be interested in again experiancing a life where eating supper dosent mean hours of pain and nausea.

Keep us updated. We all hope it goes well for you.

I had a scare after the kidney transplant. Mine shows stones, but not bad enough for surgery yet. I will be facing the same thing...at some point down the road.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Once I have it done and am well enough to get back online (shouldnt take what 4-5 hours to be back online LOL) I will update this thread. It seems like a pretty straightforward procedure, but man I hate hospitals. I dont mind visiting people in the hospital for a short period of time so I know I wont like being the one laying in the bed.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Once I have it done and am well enough to get back online (shouldnt take what 4-5 hours to be back online LOL) I will update this thread. It seems like a pretty straightforward procedure, but man I hate hospitals. I dont mind visiting people in the hospital for a short period of time so I know I wont like being the one laying in the bed.
Ehh... After long stays or visits in the hospitals they don't bother you so much anymore. Ask me how I know (hint: Trista spent most of the summer in the hospital and guess who was by her side).

After a while it just kinda felt like home, lol. Walking from the parking garage to the elevator, upstairs, down the hall into her room... Then downstairs for breakfast/lunch/whatever in the cafeteria, back up again... It all just becomes very routine. I'm even a bit sentimental just reminiscing about it, lol.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
but man I hate hospitals.

Well being the kinda guy I am I am going to help you out. Get really drunk and sit down in your favorite chair. I'll come over punch you in the nose and knock you out. My pocket knife is sharp so just leave an "X" on your belly where I need to cut and I'll open ya up and take out whatever dosen't appear to be needed. Being a single dad I am pretty good at sewing so just leave whatever color thread you want used out and I will sew it up when I'm done.

:)

Well being the kinda guy I am I am going to help you out. Get really drunk and sit down in your favorite chair. I'll come over punch you in the nose and knock you out. My pocket knife is sharp so just leave an "X" on your belly where I need to cut and I'll open ya up and take out whatever dosen't appear to be needed. Being a single dad I am pretty good at sewing so just leave whatever color thread you want used out and I will sew it up when I'm done.

:)

Hmmmmmmm, I will get back with you but I may end up going that route. This doctor is telling me not to smoke or drink alcohol 24 hours before I go in, I am not sure how I feel about that. Yeah, I was always fond of purple thread. smiliegitrdone

i can appreciate your hate for hospitals BD2 but this will make you feel better.
however long it takes will seem like a spot in time compared to what you've dealt with.
been there done that and then kicked my own ass for awhile why i didn't go sooner. i've got another coming up if i can find a Sassy sitter(hip rebuild, knee replacement).

you'll feel a sense of relief that outweighs the inconvenience you're about to suffer.
one last thing...the food...will suck. i think Trista can back me on this!

I don't know a lot about visiting people in them, but I can tell you that spending 4 months at a time in them is no fun (done that a few times).

It is not so bad if you are in a coma, but when awake...it sucks.

I agree with Carl about the food. I would get real food snuck into me when possible.

At least you won't be stuck in there for a long time or anything. That won't be too bad.

one last thing...the food...will suck. i think Trista can back me on this!

yes, the food sucks terribly. It's alright for the first few days then they start to give you random crap. DON'T EAT THE CHICKEN POT PIE!!! If you're on a special diet due to medicines, make sure you check the food YOURSELF. Don't trust them for anything.

Just think, if you get a bad@$$ scar, you can join our club.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Good luck. It won't be too bad. Just ask for a morphine drip!

And Trista, I had an appendectomy. Will my scar admit me to the club?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts