Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Chew on this...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
If I guy was to replace the motor, trans, diveshafts, axle R&P, bearings, radiator, interior, and such. Could he lower the mileage on the odometer from say 170,000 to like really low?[confused] asumming he put all new stuff in when he did it, or do you think that he just needs to keep records of everything if he was to sell it?

I doubt that is legal no matter what you keep records of.

In AR once they go over 100K they are mileage exempt anyway. Nothing you about it.

Also...in AR if it is under the exempt mileage..you have to sign an afidavit (sp?) stating that the mileage is correct. Mileage is tied to the VIN (title), not what you replace on a vehicle.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Sounds reasonable, don't it? But, unfortunately, thats not the way the govt works. All the repairs you mention, maintenance, not able to alter mileage!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
yeah i figured but it was a good thought LOl. oh well this truck is mine and will prob be mine for a very long time. I am kinda in Todd's shoes. Have more invested than you paid for it! LOL

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Just replace the cluster too and keep the old one so you can tell them it's the new one plus the old one. YelloThumbUp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
if you want to skip out on the miles, just pull the odometer fuse.

It may not hurt to ask. It seems like I've heard of people who do 'restorations' and are allowed to roll it back to 0 if it met so many requirements. This obviously shouldn't be done w/out permission.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts