Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cheers From Japan!

Hello from Yokosuka Japan! My name is Ken Morgan, and I am returning to trucks (real trucks) after a 27 year hiatus. Background: owned a 1972 F250 that was 4wd with a PTO shaft that came out the back bumper, I bought it from the local Peabody Mine Company, and it was one of their supervisor’s trucks. Joined the Marines in 1985 and left the truck with my mom as a water hauler until she passed away in 2005 at that time old faithful went to the junkyard.

Now I work for the government as mid level manager for Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan, and just recently got bit by the must have a truck bug again.

Currently I am researching F150’s that I can buy locally most of them that are in my price range are either 90~96 or 99~2004 so my choices are either the old school 351 Windsor block with the “twin I beam” setup or the modular 4.6/5.4 with whatever setup they come with.

I will have many questions, as I have never dealt with either of these models in any fashion especially in regards to durability of the components

Ken Morgan

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Welcome Ken! I'm sure you can find answers around here on both of those models... Check out the appropriate forum below.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to FTF! Growing up with a Generation 9 1994 pickup made me partial to them, especially with that 351w.

Ryan

Thanks for the welcomes,

yes you can find trucks in japan, they can be quite pricy though in comparison to the states, over here the US model pickups are considered luxury playtoys so they carry a hefty price tag.

Great thing is most of them have didlly for miles on them as the Japanese don't DD them and gas is.....well..... I think exorbient would come close to describing the $6.30 or so a gallon for regular over here :)

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Plus there pry not rusty :)

Id stay away from a 97+ personally. There ok but not as durable as the older ones.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site - great bunch of blokes here.

I thought i'd drop this screenshot to show a near new Ford truck on the Japan auction sites.

New_ford.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts