Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Check this Ford truck put

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
If anyone would like to check out my truck, it's a bright red 1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat. There are six pictures in my gallery for everyone's enjoyment. Please feel free to enjoy, I've owned this truck since last June, I had bought it mostly restored, but it just needed a bunch of little detail stuff done to it yet, but I'll get those things done as I go along, especially with all the ideas and useful tips that I've read here. Thanks Ranger429 for the delightfully inexpensive way to restore my speaker grilles on my door panels, with the 1/8 inch wide chrome pin striping tape. I decided to use your idea on my door panels, after I had read your post on that, especially with the brown door panels being hard to find, especially for the Ranger XLT , and the Ranger Lariat. smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo 'smiliepig' smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Very nice, Jim! If you want to post your pictures in a thread, copy and paste the BB code within your post...

IMG_3514_1_.jpg

Really nice looking truck

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice truck, really like that color.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I think that might be a red from 78, but the truck was that color when I bought it last summer, it was originally a brown and beige two tone combination, but the previous owner didn't like that combo, so he had it repainted that pretty red that it is now. My interior is a brown with beige accents, but not too much, just enough to complement the red.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very nice...looks like a helluva cruiser.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Beautiful truck, Sir!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Very nice truck! I had a '79 for a short while with brown and beige(cinnamon and crème). The brown(metallic color) looked very nice when buffed out, but I didn't care for the crème.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Thanks guys, you all have some beautiful trucks too, especially the one that fatherdoug has, which is a 78 F150 Ranger Lariat like mine, but a four wheel drive version, and a black one, where my 78 F150 Ranger Lariat is two wheel drive version and a red one, and another difference between mine and fatherdoug's truck is the grilles, his is stock, and mine is a custom billet grille, fatherdoug, I see that you have the wheel opening trim, and the racetrack style body moldings, at first I didn't think that combination would look good together, but it does, and it got me thinking about getting the wheel opening trim for mine, to complement the racetrack style body moldings on mine, although mine does look pretty sweet without them .:) smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank you, Sir. I've thought about going with the billet grille. There is another black '78 or '79 south of town that has been sitting for the last ten years with an older style billet grille. I like the way they look.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts