Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

check gauges?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Fl.
Well the unison ring is all clean and working smoothly. However I have little boost. All I can get is about 5 pounds max. it is a little better than before but something is still not correct. I am getting good at R&R with the turbo.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well the unison ring is all clean and working smoothly. However I have little boost. All I can get is about 5 pounds max. it is a little better than before but something is still not correct. I am getting good at R&R with the turbo.
If you can find someone with an IDS or a higher end scan tool, they can command the VGT to see if everything is working on that end.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
UH VGT ? IDS? Thanks for the help but you may need to dumb it down a little for me.

VGT = Variable Geometry Turbo

IDS = Integrated Diagnostic System. Ford's computer system/Scan tool that OEM Ford mechanics use to talk with the computers on your truck.
Just and FYI there are over 400 inputs on the 6.0 that exchange information with the computers. FMC has some of the most complex & sophisticated computer systems in use in the industry. Without the proper diagnostic equipment on todays modern engines & especially the diesels it makes it tough to diagnose the root cause of the problem.

A good factory shop manual would help you as well. You can purchase them here or rent access time to the online version.
www.helminc.com

Fl.
OK thanks for all the information. I guess it is time to throw in the towel and go see the dealer. Either that or pull the actuator and clean it.

Fl.
I pulled the actuator and cleaned it, still no changes , but I do now have a check engine light on.

Fl.
Running good now. Ford re flashed the computer and installed a new Map sensor, did something with the plug to the glow plug circuit and changed a fuse? Never ran better? I dont get it but who cares.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Running good now. Ford re flashed the computer and installed a new Map sensor, did something with the plug to the glow plug circuit and changed a fuse? Never ran better? I dont get it but who cares.
The map sensor probably repaired it. That is one of the inputs for boost.

Fl.
Thanks for the help on this. it is obvious I needed it. Now to go trade it in on a new 6.7

Fl.
There is a 6.7 f350 crew cab DRW lariat pearl white with brown rockers, tan leather inside super nice at the local dealer. I may take it for a ride.

Fl.
traded in the 05 6.0 on Saturday. Hell yes glad to be done with the 6.0 I got a 6.4 f450 lariat. Nice truck. just waiting on the engine problems. It's under warranty, whoo Hoo. I hope to be in a 6.7 before the warranty runs out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts