Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

check engine light?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well... I hate to sound cliche, but have you pulled the codes? We can't just guess without any hints.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you generate a check engine light, the computer is telling you that it has some information for you. There are a couple of ways to go about pulling the codes.

The first option is to use a code reader. A Ford OBDI code reader is available at most auto parts stores for $20-$30. It will come with a manual to describe all of the codes that you can share with us here. Some of the auto parts stores will let you borrow a code reader in the parking lot for free. Note down what the reader says and let us know.

The second option is a little more labor intensive. But you can pull codes from your truck without a code reader. Use this procedure:

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

Ryan

So here are they codes I get. 26 MAF sensor greater then 0.7 volts engine off. # 27 ? #28 VAT sensor out of self test range and # 33 EGR valve opening not detected. Hope some one has some ideas.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
On my 351w, the EGR is mounted on the front of the passenger bank of the engine. It connects the exhaust & intake.

Do you have any symptoms or are you just trying to get rid of the Check Engine Light?

Ryan

no symptoms runs fine. Just wondering why light keeps coming on. So those are the codes i pulled out not sure what they mean.

Ford Truck Articles