Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CD Deck..

So Probably a thread that will get moved but it is Gen 6 Specific..>I know on most trucks i would just cut the old deck space out and mount my new deck but was thinking of not molesting this dash and actually adding a new mount box for my cd player separate from the original Deck that would keep the original deck in. Anyone ever done this or is it pretty pointless??

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I mounted a Siny remote CD player behind the seat, Each cartidge holds 6 CD's

The remote is on a cord and lay on the seat or goes in the seat console.

I was thinking more of making a separate box out of MDF and fiberglassing it and mounting it to the underside of the dash ....That is cool tho..a good option.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I just installed a new radio in mine... And I kept the original. I'm just going to fab a bracket that mounts to the sides of the radio and mounts under the dash.

You could always put it in the glove box...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So are you wanting to fab up and glass it as a show piece or use it more for mounting? If the latter, I always thought a cd deck in the glove box would be a good idea. I've seen it done a couple times and really doesn't take up much room. Only suggestion I'd have that way is ditching the cardboard box insert and going with a plastic liner from JBG.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I just mounted my under the dash. I didn't want to use the space in the glovebox because I use it for storing other stuff.. Also didn't see the need for fabricating anything fancy there. Radio/CD players don't seem to last that long these days and I didn't want a fancy box fabricated that I couldn't use later when I change out the audio unit. But that's just me..
Dak

Well my new idea is to Make one that mounts just above the Rear view mirror on top or get a headliner that has one molded in! Would look sweet I will make one out of MDF and Glass it and paint it pretty Most likely i will make one because i work in a Shop and am a programmer for a CNC LoL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well my new idea is to Make one that mounts just above the Rear view mirror on top or get a headliner that has one molded in! Would look sweet I will make one out of MDF and Glass it and paint it pretty Most likely i will make one because i work in a Shop and am a programmer for a CNC LoL

So like an overhead console for a cb? Why not just mod one of those then?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
what do those look like???

It looks like a less fancy version of what you're describing. Try JC Whitney, big rig shops, maybe Tuffy, a CB shop.

Ford Truck Articles