Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Carpet

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Originally my 77 had carpet in it, It was Dark jade green. I can't seem to find a suitable factory replacement for the original. Any ideas where I can find it?

Also, I can't seem to find the emblems that came on the cap. It looks like a compass.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

radialarm

Clown of Death!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I didn't see the other until I posted, but I did find some.

Mine didn't come with carpet (didn't want it) but added it later, still that was
before the dot-com stuff and can't remember where exactly. :/

Anyway they basically hot pressed it between two floors and so it was fitted
"sorta like" the originals were but prob'ly not near as good.

Be careful cutting it!
The edges of the pressed areas are not the outside dimensions you'll need. ;)
I managed to make it work anyway, whew.

Hmmm... just remembering they also sold the thick felt "hacked to fit" too. ;)
It fit good and doesn't shift around or anything.

Thinking about installing DynaMat (or whatever brand they sell now days)?

Alvin in AZ

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Originally my 77 had carpet in it, It was Dark jade green. I can't seem to find a suitable factory replacement for the original. Any ideas where I can find it?

Also, I can't seem to find the emblems that came on the cap. It looks like a compass.
smsautofabric.com located in Oregon has the correct carpet.
-----------------------------------------------------------
When you say "cap" I assume you mean the Ford factory Pickup Box Cover better known as a Camper Shell.

D3TZ99517A56A .. Ornament-Camper Shell-Resembles a Compass.

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Dennis (Mil1ion) has one of these Ford factory Camper Shells on his truck.

If you could get a wax impression of the original, you could use that to cast your own.

Last edited:

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
smsautofabric.com located in Oregon has the correct carpet.
-----------------------------------------------------------
When you say "cap" I assume you mean the Ford factory Pickup Box Cover better known as a Camper Shell.

D3TZ99517A56A .. Ornament-Camper Shell-Resembles a Compass.

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Dennis (Mil1ion) has one of these Ford factory Camper Shells on his truck.

If you could get a wax impression of the original, you could use that to cast your own.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the info. I didn't think the topper emblems were going to be hard to find.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Wow - I've never seen any reproduction interior stuff in green before...including capret. I didn't think anyone made it. Is the green carpet at JBG new or have I just missed it all along?

I hope someone starts to offer more green interior parts. I don't really need anything now--but you never know.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow - I've never seen any reproduction interior stuff in green before...including capret. I didn't think anyone made it. Is the green carpet at JBG new or have I just missed it all along?

I hope someone starts to offer more green interior parts. I don't really need anything now--but you never know.

I dunno how new the carpet is from JBG...as far as other green interior parts...there's a guy on ebay who sells lots of interior repop stuff. I've bought door handles, door cups, light housings and a couple other things from him...I have him listed as one of my favorites. Anyways, he has green interior stuff, I've seen that he has dark hade, light jade and olive green. Not necessarily something you want for a show truck, but good enough for a DD.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Double the price for half the quality. Hell of a deal.

Actually, just double the price... you'll notice that they are both ACC products. They might be different "grades", but the same supplier.

On a side note, I got my replacement from Nifty Products - about the same price as JBG and it fits the floor like a glove - very pleased.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I actually already have jade carpet that is in nice shape, but would like to replace it with a rubber or vinyl floor mat. I have seen a lot of these offered by a lot of different suppliers, but can't decide on which one I want. I don't want to hijack, but if anyone has any suggestions on a good mat it could help me out and, I think, add to the thread!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts