Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Canadian built or American built?

Which Build Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
First off is there really any difference in the quality/durability/build difference? And anybody know statistics on percentage of Canadian built Fords in America? I personally like the Canadian ones now since I got my truck it is a champ!!! It runs better than my buddies 05 F150 Hahahaha !!!

Attachments

• Truck vin tag.jpg
Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There would be no difference..same production lines, same production workers.
Doesn't matter to me whether they were built here or there :D

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
the token Canadian? lol I hear it's the closest ,how would you say it, "lifestyle" "socially".... what's the word for it lol... anyway i hear it's kind of like America... I thought there may be minor differences but i think a lot of dumb stuff lol do they still make mercury trucks up there?

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
Since i got this one it has me sold on the Canadian built ones for some reason... I paid $1250 for it and have only had to do maintenance and tires so far and it is a freaking beast!! it pulls like a champ!!! only problem i have is the slide thing in the steering column is broke so i have to start it by the electrical slide switch... would it be easier to just replace the slide or the whole column? I have quite a bit of mechanical ability just don't have the knowledge and experience to tackle things without advice smilieFordlogo

There would be no difference..same production lines, same production workers.
Doesn't matter to me whether they were built here or there :D

If only they still made Fords in Canada like they used too Duncan - RHD (for export anyway)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
the token Canadian? lol I hear it's the closest ,how would you say it, "lifestyle" "socially".... what's the word for it lol... anyway i hear it's kind of like America... I thought there may be minor differences but i think a lot of dumb stuff lol do they still make mercury trucks up there?

I think the last Mercury was built in the late 60's as far as the pickups go.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
1968 was the last true M-Series truck, after that they were all rebadged F-Series.

My '93 was Canadian built. A good friend has an '02 F250 PSD that was actually sold in Canada, the first thing that caught my eye was the daytime headlamps, then looking at the VIN tag in the door it has an Oak leaf...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
1968 was the last true M-Series truck, after that they were all rebadged F-Series.

My '93 was Canadian built. A good friend has an '02 F250 PSD that was actually sold in Canada, the first thing that caught my eye was the daytime headlamps, then looking at the VIN tag in the door it has an Oak leaf...

That would be a Maple Leaf....from the Maple Tree....where Maple sugar comes from...:D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Since i got this one it has me sold on the Canadian built ones for some reason... I paid $1250 for it and have only had to do maintenance and tires so far and it is a freaking beast!! it pulls like a champ!!! only problem i have is the slide thing in the steering column is broke so i have to start it by the electrical slide switch... would it be easier to just replace the slide or the whole column? I have quite a bit of mechanical ability just don't have the knowledge and experience to tackle things without advice smilieFordlogo

You need to pull the steering wheel to get the job done, I spent just under $200 to have it done, didn't want to mess with it.

When I ordered my Truck I specified the Kentucky Truck plant. Those people are the best. I have had 3 trucks from there, 2 by accident bought used 1993 and 97. They where amazing ! I ordered my 06, and couldnt be happier.

I called the union hall and told them my order. They gave me updates along the way.

A rock chipped my windshield, I had it replaced, I called to the union hall, they put me in touch with the union rep, who sent me up 4 new stickers.

I will always opt American 1st. Canadian 2nd, mexican never!

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
No preferance to me..Both countries produce the same vehicle as stated...I can remember when the ol man ordered his 77 LTD station wagon from the local dealership...It was born in Cananda...

When I ordered my Truck I specified the Kentucky Truck plant. Those people are the best. I have had 3 trucks from there, 2 by accident bought used 1993 and 97. They where amazing ! I ordered my 06, and couldnt be happier.

I called the union hall and told them my order. They gave me updates along the way.

A rock chipped my windshield, I had it replaced, I called to the union hall, they put me in touch with the union rep, who sent me up 4 new stickers.

I will always opt American 1st. Canadian 2nd, mexican never!

Have you ever seen the KY plant? That place is HUGE! Very neat facility.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts