Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

can you swap a 96 hood and grill onto a 87?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
you can do a complete front clip swap fenders, lights, hood, cowl, bumper, grill, rad support.. and a few things im sure im missing...

80-96 front clips can be swapped throughout the years..

80-86 clips are virtually same
87-91 clips are same
92-96 (97 F250 and F350 HD's) are same.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I read later But he about covered it . If you were to unbolt the complete front end off a truck is what you need .

rad support
grill support
grill lights
harness (Not really )
Bumper (have to fab mount for it to fit )
Fenders and inner
hood and hinges
cowl

The worst will be getting the rad support bolts out . If you have all parts can be done in a long week end . Takes longer to line all up than swap

I've done this swap on my 85 bronco a few years ago. I used a 95 f150 as a parts truck using the entire front clip and doors. It's almost a bolt on swap with very little fabrication needed. Can be done during a weekend. Here's a couple pics...I hope I know how to post pics...LOL
100_0186.jpg

100_0179.jpg

I've done this swap on my 85 bronco a few years ago. I used a 95 f150 as a parts truck using the entire front clip and doors. It's almost a bolt on swap with very little fabrication needed. Can be done during a weekend. Here's a couple pics...I hope I know how to post pics...LOL
100_0186.jpg

100_0179.jpg

sweet Bronco!! It looks so vintage, yet so new, I remember when that grill first came out, feels like yesterday.

My dad just got me a 73' F350 crewcab, I'll be posting up on the old truck forum later and post a link here.

Thanks for the help guys!!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
sweet Bronco!! It looks so vintage,[confused] yet so new, I remember when that grill first came out, feels like yesterday.
Since Bronco's were available thru 1996, you could buy a brand new '92/96 that would look just like this one.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts