Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can I Get My Paint To Stop Peeling

Well i had a paint job done and it sucks, it was decint at first but now the hoods clear coat is peeling and the roof of the cab is craking is there any way i can fix this any way at all or even bet it to stop???

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The only thing to do is sand it down and repaint. Once it starts there is really nothing to do to stop it. Sounds like bad prep work or incompatible products were used.

yup it has been a mess he had my truck for like a couple months it had been rolled on the driver side and had slid for about 300 feet. he did the body work ok i had to bye a box fender and door. also he scewed me over because i was supposed to have a box cover and i never got it he said he had it ordered and it was coming and when i went back to have him put it on he had disapeired and he was a older man to i am sure he was the best back in the day but he had just grown to old. he slo did my brother mach one and he sued him and the courts put a lean on his shop but he had put it in another name and he was still working there crazy crazy. how hard is it to paint a car or truck,

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Painting is the easy part the prep work is the hard part.
Once you have the vehicle ready laying the paint down is simple.

Takes a little time to get to were you can spray and not have runs sags or other imperfections but that is just time and having some one teach you by watching and practice on old body panels.
Read up on painting and that way you will know what you will need to get started. You don't have to have a 800 dollar gun to lay good paint. I have a gun I payed 30 bucks for I use and like better than my high dollar guns.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
there is a web site that shows you have to paint your car with a roller, and some of the jobs look pretty damn good..

there is a web site that shows you have to paint your car
with a roller, and some of the jobs look pretty damn good..
That's what I want! :)
"a roller brush" paint job! :)

Other natives will recognize me right away and know I'm not a transplant
from Kalifornia or New Yawk or Michigan (with their left hand out, pointing
at where they're from). LOL :)

"I'm from ear" is a good thing, that's about all I can handle verb'ly anyway.

To me what's cool about doing my own work is I don't have to argue with
anybody or go to court or anything like that. YMMV

So long as the '91 Bronco ends up being "sorta Wimbledon White" as opposed
to "Chevy White", I'll be happy. :)

Alvin in AZ

man I had the same problem om an 88 F150 was really disheartening- after 2 years the clear was peeling bad-and I spent $3000 for the job too :(
wish they had not cleared the darn thing -guess a lot of these new paints require clear as the top coat ?

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
there is a web site that shows you have to paint your car with a roller, and some of the jobs look pretty damn good..

I painted a race car I had with a roller and some tractor paint from TSC. Looked pretty decent. Of course I didn't really care how it looked I knew it was going to get beat up anyways.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts