Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

can i catch a brake?

Fellro

Staff member
I don't get it, why is it a bad idea to not use the e-brake in a manual? The flywheel/clutch don't hold it well enough?

I did the same thing you did, Nextras.. went to use it.. SNAP. Haven't used it since, I'll get around fixing it before I start driving again.
My diesel will still roll a bit if there is enough of a slope, depending which gear it is in too. Hook up a heavy trailer, and the motor doesn't have enough drag to hold it back on a slope... been there done that, had to jack knife to get it to stay put... I sure do like it to be working, I just have to remember to take it off, the diesel has enough torque, it will over power the brakes...

Love to see that one enforced :rolleyes:.. another one of the dumb laws that can't realistically be enforced.. I can understand the reason they would want such, but not really the way to go about it. However, they may use it as a way to ticket someone in the event a vehicle does roll away...

because here in MA they need laws for common sense cause many of us Massholes lack common sense..

Kinda like how in MA its Illegal to leave an unattended car running - DUH!

andym

Real men are fanatics
That's a great story old paint. Thanks for taking the time to spruce it up with the right emoticons, too. :)

Parking brake set... check! tranny in gear or in park... check!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts