Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can anybody tell me?

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
If a 60/40 split bench out of a 97 F150 will fit heigth wise in my 77 F250? I know that it's not a deal where I can just switch tracks. But was wondering if it will fit and not make the driver sit too close to the steering wheel.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Chuck, all my reading indicates that it will work.
How's that for a CYA response? :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I seem to remember a few folks on the other site that used gen 10 150 seats in their dentside and they fit really well. Another CYA answer, but it's the best I have.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
OK thanks Duncan and Ben. Found one on craigs list near me for $100. Needs cleaned up but looks good other than that.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I may just sit a little higher, but not too much. Depends on what you do for the mounting bracket. On the seats 73-96 the tracks just bolt right on so there isn't any "raising" on the seat. The later seats in the F150s have a different setup so you'll have to make some mounting under the seat for the original mounts to bolt up or whatever you decide. A guy on the other site has pics of his 99 F150 seat in his truck and pics of what he did for mounting. I guess if the seat is in good condition and a good price, I wouldn't pass it up. I don't think you'll notice much. I will try to find the gallery if you'd like and post the link.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Thanx Buck. Was just worried about clearance since I don't have tilt. I wish that I could find a 96 60/40 but haven't had any luck.

Not sure on the '97 seats, but I've got a bench seat out of a '89 in my 78 F250 and I really like it...check it out in my gallery..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts