Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cab visors.... like 'em or not?

I don't see a whole lot of your trucks with visors. I put one on mine and I think it changed the look alot. I took it off for some time and just didn't like it without the visor. And while I'm on the subject of looks.... how about cab marker lights? I like them but don't have any yet. Jim

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I like em, but you'll find alot of guys on here that don't like them.

As far as cab lights go, don't do it with a visor. If you want them, get another visor that has them built in.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I have them on the rangers. I like that they keep the sun out of your eyes and help keep the snow and freezing rain off the windshield.
Cab lights are ok on big rigs not pickups.

Last edited:
Visors are really nice to keep the sun out and look cool on most truck's, cab lights only on big lifted trucks. Wonder who makes a visor for my 79 Bronco , good idea thanks.smilieFordlogo

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I used to not be a big fan of them, but my current truck had one on it when I bought it and it's grown on me. It is color matched and not HUGE, and flows well with the rest of the truck IMO. I'm not a fan of the big aluminum/SS ones that don't match.

As far as cab lights, I have those on my stupid duty as well and have always been a fan of them on any size truck, I think they look cool, and help you to be seen by other cars, and of course their main purpose, so you can see clearance above the truck in tight spots (though that is somewhat defeated by the visor).

i think it depends on the truck for the visors. I also think the cab lights look great on a 4x4 truck, mostly f250

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I like cab visors okay, but I'd never run one on a pickup I put many miles on because I'd hate to lose the gas mileage.

Lights, I like on some trucks. I'd never run 'em on my Rangers, though- I think they'd look silly.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
I love My visor the suareness of it matches the rest of the truck I do hate and think the visors with the lights in it look tacky and gay....

and as far as cab lights run em i think they look cool as long as their done right

radialarm

Clown of Death!
They reduce your gas mileage, and around here only south of the border types have them.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Loveem on trucks with no cab lights. Here is my 2 trucks with visors.
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

Befor resto
1995FordF350RightSideView.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not a fan of visors at all...I think they look cheap and tacky and like a 'minority' just went through a JC whitney catalog and started ordering. As for clearance lights, nice on a 4x4, not on a 2by.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I dont have a prob seeing the traffic signs lol.

I personally like the visors but hey it's like the sayingoes opinions are like buttholes everyones got 1.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Visors make it hard for me to see traffic signals when I'm stopped at them.
So I dislike

This is true for me also, but probably with lifted rigs. Someone else said here, they don't interfere with the being able to see the lights, so I'm guessing that's with a rig at normal height. I have problems sometimes if I'm at the front of the line at the light.

I personally like the visors but hey it's like the sayingoes opinions are like buttholes everyones got 1.
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I love my visor.....1) it's not like everyone else's and 2) it's not as thick as the normal ones.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts