Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cab air filter?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Just noticing I get a noticable voltage drop in my power meter when I turn on the blower and it doesn't blow as well as it used to. I think the air filter might be pretty blocked (if there is one). Anyone done this before?

Ryan

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just noticing I get a noticable voltage drop in my power meter when I turn on the blower and it doesn't blow as well as it used to. I think the air filter might be pretty blocked (if there is one). Anyone done this before?

Ryan
Your truck doesn't have a cabin air filter. The voltage drop would either be blower motor, battery, or alternator. Might check terminal cleanliness and tightness as well.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I couldn't tell you but it's probably another weak spot. I have been noticing a little more voltage volatility than I'm used to with lights, blowers, etc.

Ryan

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Whenever i do something like that i get rid of those dumb grounding straps replae them with real cables and sand down the frame area, the bolt down the ground cable... Im kinda anal like that but i hate electrical problems

Nope. Closest thing to a filter is the cowl grille.

That is why the ones with the slots suck leaves down into the fans once in a while. As mentioned..dust is another big one.

My 56 has louvers on the passenger side (in front of the door) where it sucks air into the cab. Not quite as bad as the cowl ones, but still.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ryan if you're noticing your volt meter moving around a lot, clean up your terminals with a wire brush, then spray them with the corrosion dissolving spray, then coat them with the sealer:

Corrosion Dissolver:
http://www.permatex.com/products/Au...em_maintenance/Permatex_Battery_Cleaner_b.htm

Sealer:
http://www.permatex.com/products/Au...tenance/Permatex_Battery_Protector_Sealer.htm

I was having electrical problems and this made a WORLD of difference. If it doesnt help, then you might want to have your alternator load tested.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Well I have all new terminals, a new battery, and corrosion preventing grease all over the place. There's a weak spot and I am beginning to think it's the ground/frame connection.

Ryan

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The block connection behind Air pomp is a good one . Found it to be problem several times. But blower motors can draw before they die but ussually get noisy

weakening altenators is my guess.. mine does the same thing.. but my Alt tested good

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts