Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bumps we find... :)

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Just gotta say...woot woot...was doing some expedition driving around town yesterday, found a bump of the long bed flare flavor in a field. Couldn't get a hold of the owner though.

Hey Ben, before you buy up all the flare's... Do me a favor and leave me one or two to work with. I love em and i want to restore one someday! :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And..why someone that is going to spend the time and money on a frame off restoration wouldn't spend the extra for powdercoating the frame baffles me...not just referring to that particular truck, but a general statement.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks good but if he spent 20k in restoration , you would think he would at least bang the dents out of the bed and paint it instad of a spray in liner.

And..why someone that is going to spend the time and money on a frame off restoration wouldn't spend the extra for powdercoating the frame baffles me...not just referring to that particular truck, but a general statement.

I noticed the bed and didn't know why he did't do this....both points above are very good points.

My first thought was, he was trying to rush the resto because of health.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe Ken....but I seem to see more people that use some sort of rust type paint over the powdercoat.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I think it comes down to experience...looking back after doing Red, there's alot I wish I would have done or done differently.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very nice truck..I wonder how hard it would be to drive this big of a truck w/o power steering?

If you're rolling, it's really not that bad...but be prepared to park at the end of the parking lot. I capped Red's steering system, making it manual, and I couldn't even pull out of the driveway in to the street without using about 5 feet of real estate across the street.

Out of curiousity..how come u went to manual steering...I would guess because the factory pumps were fairly weak and wouldn't help much with the 37's you got?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Out of curiousity..how come u went to manual steering...I would guess because the factory pumps were fairly weak and wouldn't help much with the 37's you got?

Because the control valve leaked more fluid than it could take it...and the power cylinder went kaput...and I didn't have the $750 at the time to fix it. And now I just haven't had the time to fix it. Red hasn't moved since last December.

Because the control valve leaked more fluid than it could take it...and the power cylinder went kaput...and I didn't have the $750 at the time to fix it. And now I just haven't had the time to fix it. Red hasn't moved since last December.

thats understandable...and that's sad she aint been on the road for almost a year.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever

460Trucker

I'd so take that, but I don't know what type of fuel to put in. Gas or diesel? [confused]
(the heading says diesel, but the description says gas)

Good point. It says he put a 1997 Powerstroke in it, yet he listed it as gasoline. I'm putting my money on diesel cause he lists diesel twice and gas once. 2/3 majority :D

460Trucker

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts