Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Built outside the box

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
So, obviously a serious body drop, bridge, bags, but what else? Lay down the goods on that ride. I love it. I have both a lifted 4wd and a lowered 2wd, so I like a dentside no matter what the attitude (altitude?). I also swapped my '79 grille for a '77 grille, just 'cuz I like them better.

just kidding.

engine is a bone stock(as far as i know) 360 fe with an edelbrock intake and carb and chrome valve covers.

c-6 tranny stock 9" rear end

15 gallon aluminum fuel cell

the truck has been back halfed with a custom built 4-link

20" x10" wheels rear 18" x 8" wheels front
of course body dropped and bagged all the way around nitrogen operated with manual ball valves

shaved everything

custom built hood frenched antenna custom built phantom grille halogen conversion head lights sunroof peep mirrors remote door poppers

custom sheet metal in the bed

chopped and reupholstered factory seat , chopped and slicked factory dash white face gauges custom built console

pioneer radio mb quart amps on the mids and highs and an antique fockford fosgate punch 45 on 2 10 inch subs

Fellro

Staff member
While I'm not one for lowered much of anything,(just my choice, nothing wrong with doing it) I can appreciate the care, craftsmanship, and pride that went into that build. I say if it's what you want, than by all means, go for it!

Here is a link to the buildup thread of mine. Definately not as radical as yours, but I've got some work into it.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10839&highlight=f250+project

Looks like you are still running the I-beam setup, but what all did you do up there? It's tough to get these things low in the front. I'd like to go another inch or two static drop, but it will need some custom work to get it there.

Well, personally I think it's interesting to look at, but definitely not for me. Hey if you like it, that's all that matters.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i really like it! it was done RIGHT which is why i like it a lot. ive always been a fan of low riders compared to REALLY jacked up trucks like the one in the pic...that truck is useless....no one is going to use it...the lowered one you can drive it around town and still show it.

Fellro

Staff member
Actually, there is an Excursion and a few trucks around here that are lifted that high, and they do drive them around town since they repealed our lift restriction laws... Not saying I would want to drive around, be too afraid of parking on a Geo or something...I have trouble climbing on horses any more, that wouldn't be good for me either... but I do get what you mean.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Nice truck flatout - I started making a list of mods but I ran out of space on my paper. I like it!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
While I'm not one for lowered much of anything,(just my choice, nothing wrong with doing it) I can appreciate the care, craftsmanship, and pride that went into that build. I say if it's what you want, than by all means, go for it!

smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree

It's not what I'd do with a truck...but obviously a lot of time and skill went into building it, and I respect that.

*Are any of these pictures at it's maximum height? If not, could you post one?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts