Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Build Thread: 92 High Output Flareside (56k warning)

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well yall know what i just realized!!! my timing is gonna be off...... i rolled the engine over a lil bit.. but put the distributor back in like it was originally... i think i might just roll the engine back to the point it was by sticking a rod down a spark plug hole to feel where it gets back to where it was originally...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
well yall know what i just realized!!! my timing is gonna be off...... i rolled the engine over a lil bit.. but put the distributor back in like it was originally... i think i might just roll the engine back to the point it was by sticking a rod down a spark plug hole to feel where it gets back to where it was originally...

Bump it over, don't turn it backwards or you will bend push rods. A friend did that to my 84 a few years ago totally ruined the engine.

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
You installed a new cam, retiming everything should be done regardless.
Once you have it retimed turn it over by hand, 2 full revolutions and see if everything is still in time. (You do this after installing the timing chain obviously.)

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
They look good!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts