Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build it or buy it?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm beginning to think you got the proverbial lemon with that car Ben...which is just plain crappy for you.

Not to jack scott's thread...but eveything seems to be worked out now...except the sunroof. But I will say, the only reason I never wanted a sunroof is from the horror stories, it just always seemed hit or miss to me. Hell, there was a group of Chargers I test drove at the local dealership not too long ago that were selling for a song due to water damage from the sunroofs. But I also know Bailee's old Civic never leaked a drop either. It's just not a risk I would take in altering a truck or in buying a new truck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm of the "run it into the ground" mentality. So, as funding permits, I modify what I have to be what I want, then keep it until I can't drive it anymore.

Other people seem to like the idea of getting a new car/truck fairly regularly just for the sake of change.

(I might make an exception to the "mod what you've got" philosophy for a sunroof, though- never seen an aftermarket one that impressed me. I'm not really a big fan of sunroofs, though- lots of noise for not much wind, in my opinion. Gimme a rear slider any day.)

A little late in posting, but this is my thinking also and agree with most of the fellas on here.

Fiscally it's the smartest way to go, but if if it's change you want, just know you're spending more for almost the same.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
so you guy's are all clearly saying I should buy a new one. smilietease

will probably wait until it starts to get a little warmer before I start doing anything to the truck.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The only gripe I have with aftermarket mods is that they bring zero dollars in return come resale time. Some actually can detract from the value of the truck. The solitary exception to that rule is a decent lift with wheels/tires. Figure about $1000/inch add to the value of a full-size 4X4 truck.

Ford Truck Articles