Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

bucket seats for my 94 F150?

What bucket seats should I look for at the junk yard to put in my F150? Do all the Ford Cars/trucks/Broncos match up for the bolt holes?

Any negatives or problems or drawbacks to going with buckets? Jim

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
73-96 F-Series should bolt right in if your swapping buckets for buckets. I believe econolines will also bolt into place. I've never heard of cars being bolt ins. Personally, I'd look for high back buckets, if buckets are all you're looking for to add a little more support and comfort. If it were me, I'd look for a 60/40 split bend with an arm rest. Worst case scenario, you find a set of seats you like and you have to do a little drilling to make them work.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
yea pretty much any year ford i found at the junkyard i found fit but after awhile i started to miss my benchseat cause to me that made the truck so now i have my bench seat back and my bucket seats which are the high back ones are now seats in my garage

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ive got the bucket in my truck with armrest and after searching high and low. They are the same ones that are in that model year of bronco.

I like em, but both arm rests are broken so it kinda sucks now...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I hopped back in my 94 with the bench seat after driving the new 04 f150 for a couple weeks.

Don't throw out that bench seat if that's what you have... It's soooo comfortable.

Ryan

Thanks for the help guys, but now after reading about comfort, I may stick with the bench.

I like the looks of buckets in a truck but I forgot how comfortable my truck is now and since I don't have alot of money to throw around I figure I better stick with the bench for now.

I'm just looking for little changes I can tinker with. I just got done after about a month of weekends doing bodywork and finally painted the truck so I'm now looking for other cheap mods I can do. Jim

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If it's just cheap mods you're looking to do, dye the seat and carpet...paint the dash and now you have a whole new interior.

That would be one of my normal ideas too Ben, but my interior is in excellent shape and the color is grey which makes it great for any exterior color I may want to go with.

I just painted the truck Gloss Black, and it turned out real nice (for one of my cheap unprofessional jobs). I put small Ford Oval decals on the rear panel - where the factory 4x4 decal used to be. And put 1980's style FORD letters on the tailgate.

I was thinking buckets but I'm gonna put that idea to rest. I'd also like to put cab marker lights on the roof. But when it comes to spending the money I get skittish!

And right at this moment I'm kicking around the idea of some mud flaps. Jim

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well don't throw out comfort in the buckets . They recline . And if foam is good r way comfy . I would not go back to bench .

I have a co worker with a $45000 new truck and he like my old worn out . LAzy boy Buckets

Fellro

Staff member
I took out the bench in mine because the bottom bar went right across my low back where it is now fused together, very painful for long drives. I took the custom buckets and center seat from a Dodge I parted to get the Cummins out of. They are very comfortable. I still have the center seat if it is needed as well, and more area to store small stuff as the center console flips up if I need the seating space. I also require a little bit of recline with how my back is these days...

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
the seat pan is different from a regular cab to a super cab but it will work with some modification. also the bronco seats will work but they require some modding to the seat pan. if u can find a RC bucket seat set up, its 100% bolt in, since it rides on one track like the bench. IIRC, crew cab rear seats will swap to a RC like a bolt in as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts