Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bronco Top paint

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never used anything better than Krylon's "exterior" line on any of mine... and I STILL have three of the @#$%^ things.

Alright, thanks for the vote of confidence, I'll stock up on some cans on payday.

why not paint the hard top white, then make a soft top out of some tan canvas.

After surfing some pics, I think the white top only looks ok with tu-tones that have white in them. As for the soft top, I've never been a big fan of them. I have rear sliders and a rear window that goes down...and if I want more air than that, I can take the top off. I guess I've never really seen the use or point to soft tops...and surely can't justify a minimum of $600 for one. That being said, if I could come across one for under $100, then yeah, I'd probably give it a shot. And I'd probably do it up like Scott's using the frame of another top.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dragging this one up again. Since I'm doing black and brown on the interior and the exterior is brown and I'm going to do some black high lights on my turbine rims. Does anyone think the top should go black? Think it would look good or bad? Thoughts?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I think that black would be a little dark, considering the bronco is already brown... I'd stick with a white or tan.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've seen it done...not a fan, but it's not as bad as some color combinations I've seen.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...already have the tan...was just wondering if I should go with a black top to high light the wheels. Worst case scenario, it's just paint I can do it again...and maybe not go with any black on the rims.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would stay away from black. I think it wouldn't look right.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I would stay away from black. I think it wouldn't look right.

Yeah...decided to stick with Krylon gloss Khaki...and of course it's raining now. Most of the way done with it though.

I would go with Ford's Medium Saddle

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I would go with Ford's Medium Saddle

Got a pic for comparison sake?????

Don't worry all I took before and after pics so this thread won't be worthless.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hooray pictures!

Yep...got a little dark outside, so I'll take them tomorrow. Turned out pretty good IMO...a tad darker than I anticipated, but I think it looks pretty nice.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I can wait. :D I'm interested to see how it turned out! Are you going to cover it in a clear?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmmmm...hadn't thought about clear it. But now that all the masking is off, it's not gonna get it. There may have been a little too much shine if I cleared it anyway.

Ford Truck Articles