Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

broken shock mount

does anyone know where i can locate an upper drivers side rear shock mount and roughly how much it would cost? i was driving to a friends house yesterday so that we could pull all of the electronic stuff off of my "new" motor for the truck and i hit a bump and heard a nice "thunk" from under my truck. nothing noticeable in the driving before or after. when i arrived at my friends he looked at me and said" hey whats that hanging under your truck?" i looked at him and said that it was the exhaust it hangs kinda low but doesnt move around just how its been since i got the truck. he says "no thats not your exhaust thats on the pass side,look right in front of your driver rear tire", and when i looked i saw my rear shock just kinda laying sideways under the truck. i crawled under and looked and noticed that the mount thats rivited to the frame had broke(due to rust and a 700 + pound engine in the back is my guess) so i called the local junkyards and they all said that this is actually more common on these trucks than more people think. they rust up and hold for a while and once you put a nice load on them and drive for a while with it there they just break. so in short they dont have any,no luck at the local parts store either. so any ideas? im certain i can find one here online but not sure where to start. also what would be the best way to re-install the replacement mounts? bolt them or rivets? or would that just be a matter of preference?my truck is a 3/4 ton 2wd and has the 3 rivet setup for the mount on the frame. as always any guidance/advice is greatly appreciated.thanks in advance,bill

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts