Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

brands and models for chips

Well i am oing to buy a chip for my 95 f250 with the 7.3 and i posted whats a good chip but i need to know every ones brands and models of chips if i am going to spend that much money i am going to resarch anything i can so let me lmow what you got

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
theres several companys out there that specifically do 7.3l engines.

Just remember and o your reasearch, just because its a good deal, doesnt mean its going to be worth it, some cheap chips(power modules to) the tunes within them cause issues

When the company i worked for bought a chip for our service trucks. IT had six settings, One of them was SMOKE SHOW (for the black smoke lovers.

But black smoke is bad..., sorta. its a waste anyways.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Yeah they are top notch. Bill Cohron is probably just about the most knowledgeable tuner in the game today and he has the skills, resume and work product to back up my claim, though he would never say that about himself. And he is a hell of a nice guy to talk to on the phone.

They are running a bit slow lately as they had an unexpected death in the family and have been off tending to that issue but even though there may be a wait, you would not regret it.

Well I have read up at the site that you guys have provided to me. Unfortunately I do not understand how the chips work, I assumed that you plug the chip up and go. If i understand correctly the chip is calibrated on your P.C. and how does that work out, another question that I would like some information on is what a chip burner is. Well i look forward to receiving information from this website that is in a lesser form of English. Thanks God bless

Last edited:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well I have read up at the site that you guys have provided to me. Unfortunately I do not understand how the chips work, I assumed that you plug the chip up and go. If i understand correctly the chip is calibrated on your P.C. and how does that work out, another question that I would like some information on is what a chip burner is. Well i look forward to receiving information from this website that is in a lesser form of English. Thanks God bless

Go to the PHP forum. Those guys that hang out there know there tuners, chips and burners.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts